𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆❀✯

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte Lupin stared down at the hoodie that was placed on the bed in front of her. It was the hoodie that James Potter had sent her for Christmas, the very same hoodie that her mum had worn to her quidditch matches back when she was in school - and if she was anything like Lottie, then most of her time in the evenings too.

The thirteen year old was having a whole debate in her head as to whether or not she should wear it because sure it was once her mums and sure it would make her feel closer to her, however it was indeed sent to her by one of the people she was supposed to hate.

Key word; supposed.

Charlotte Lupin would be lying if she said she hated James Potter. In fact, if she were Pinocchio her nose would be ever so long because she really didn't hate Potter senior. He was kind, he pointed out small things to make Lottie smile and he always made an effort to clear things up with Charlotte.

There was only one problem.

He had allowed Lupin to leave her there. He hadn't stopped him, he simply let her go and he didn't even try to give her a better childhood.

She hated that.

Still. Lottie knew that if anything, James was better than Remus. Remus didn't seem to care enough, he simply gave the bare minimum and then gave up and sure Charlotte didn't want to build a relationship with him, but it would've been nice to know that he properly did.

It was a strange train of thought, really. Charlotte hated Remus Lupin for what he did to her, and yet the second he showed affection to his family it hit her straight in the chest. Why? Because she cared. For some strange, idiot reason, she cared about the life she could've had. She was jealous of the people that could live that life.

She let out a sigh as she picked up the hoodie, pulling it over her head deciding that she would wear it to training. It wouldn't do any harm just to wear it.

A little while later Charlotte was standing on the quidditch pitch waiting for Cedric Diggory and the rest of the team, she was a little early although she didn't really mind. The wind was still quite strong, it was the beginning of January meaning it was still the middle of the winter, not that Charlotte really minded. She quite enjoyed rainy and snowy days.

She had been back at school for a week now and classes have been back up and running, much to everybody's dismay.

"Good afternoon Lottie," James Potter smiled.

The girl looked around, wondering how he had managed to make his way across the pitch without her seeing him.

"Hey," she smiled back. "Oh! Thankyou for the hoodie...I haven't managed to say that since we've been back - thankyou though!"