𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

Start from the beginning

"That sounds amazing, James!" Lottie grinned. "So when is this happening?"

"Not far away at all. It's the week after your birthday, which, by the way, isn't long at all! Oh. That reminds me! What would you like for your birthday?"

Lottie had always hated that question. She never knew what to say.

"Surprise me," she said, "because I have no idea!"

"Lily and I can come up with something," James said reassuringly. "So you're okay with the possibility of some of the children leaving?"

"I'm happy for them," she promised, and she really really was.

꧁꧂

"Checkmate!" Cried Lucas Black, "I win again!"

"This is not a fair game!" Charlotte whined, a fresh bandage on her hand after a recent detention with Umbridge. The pain of the silver quills was getting worse, and she was beginning to feel extremely sick and dizzy after every detention. She always came back with pale skin and a shaking body, it had taken Harry a very long time to get her back to her usual self after the most recent one, and he had been awfully protective over her, he hated Unbridge for what she was doing to Charlotte.

"Harry will be okay," Lucas promised, leaning back on his chair in the Gryffindor common room. "It's you we have to worry about with these detentions!"

"But she's going to use a blood quill on him," Lottie frowned, her eyes on the portrait door as she waited for Harry to return.

"He'll be back any minute," Lucas promised. "Fancy another game? Winning is very fun!"

Lottie laughed, "I'll get you back tomorrow. Then you'll be wishing you hadn't won all of these!"

"Oh really," he chuckled. "We'll see about that!"

Lottie smiled. She and Lucas had been getting on pretty well, surprisingly. It was strange, Lottie saw him more as a friend then an enemy these days, they were on the road to having a good bond, and that was enough for Charlotte.

The loss of Kaycie Lloyd had changed something in her mind. She wanted to cherish all of her friendships and spend as much time with people as possible, because you never know what will happen or when.

And that was why she was slowly speaking to her father again. It wasn't much, but they were able to have a full conversation now without her wanting to throw silver spoons at him. It was still awkward, and she hadn't forgiven him, but it was oddly nice to be able to discuss things like quidditch with him, just earlier they had spoken.

"Three more days till your game!" Remus said to Lottie. "Are you nervous?"

"A little," she shrugged, "I think we will do just fine though."

"I'm sure you will," Remus nodded, "you're quidditch skills are amazing! I've never been a huge fan of the sport, but I've watched enough of your mother and James' games to know how it's played, and I must say, you do a good damn job at it!"

"Thanks!" Lottie laughed. "I don't see how you can't like it. It's a super fun sport!"

"Well, I'll be watching your upcoming game. Just know I'll be cheering you on!"

It hadn't been much, but it was something, and it certainly made Remus relived.

When Harry finally came through the porthole, Lottie let out a huge sigh of relief.

"You're back!" She beamed, quickly moving to wrap her arms around the now scarred boy. She examined his hand, it wasn't terrible but there was definitely a nahhh sentence written on his pale skin. "Oh Harry..."

"I'm okay," he pressed a kiss to her nose, "how are you feeling? Do you still have a headache?"

"I'm okay," she told him, "Lucas and I have been taking our minds off of Umbridge and played chess. Do you need anything?"

"Just to sit down," he said honestly, though his eyes suddenly lit up, "and perhaps a kiss."

Charlotte rolled her eyes, leaning closer to him and kissing his lips, though the sound of gagging was heard in the background.

"That's my que to leave," Lucas announced. "Night!"

"Night," Harry laughed, moving over to the couch, Lottie following behind him.

"See you!" Lottie waved, grabbing a blanket before she sat down next to Harry, pulling it over the both of them.

"Does it really hurt?" She asked, reaching for the cream she had been given to by Sophia, taking a little bit out and dabbing it onto the back of his hand.

"A little - ow - bit," Harry winced in pain as she rubbed in the cream.

"This will help," she promised, putting the tube back in her pocket.

"Thank you, Charlie," Harry said, leaning back on the sofa, a hand on her thigh as he nuzzled closer to her, pulling the blanket tight around them.

"It's okay, Bambi," she replied, running a hand through his hair as she closed her eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too," Harry murmured, and before she knew it, he was asleep

A/N

Long time no see but hey guys, how are we all?

Qotd: do you watch the marvel movies? If so, who's your fav avenger? Mine is tony.

Word count: 1385