𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

"Well then, you may go and visit your head of house, and you can explain to her why you have two weeks worth of detentions," Umbridge said, smoothing out her dress.

Raising an eyebrow, Lottie sighed, turning to leave the classroom.

"I shall see you at seven o'clock, sharp!"

Leaving the classroom with a huff, Lottie winced. Her hand had only just healed, and even that was barely, the idea of refreshing the burn was not a pretty one.

She made her way to Pomona Sprouts office angrily, her nerves for the upcoming detention slowly rising.

"Ah, Charlotte!" Sprout beamed as Lottie walked in, "take a seat!"

Charlotte did as she was told, sitting down at the proffesors desk without saying a word.

"What can I do for you?"

"Umbridge sent me," she said, biting her lip nervously.

"Oh," Sprout said gravely, "and what is it exactly that she sent you here for?"

"Because she's a physcopathic bitch-"

"Charlotte!"

"It's true," Lottie shrugged, "and she gave me a detention for being near Harry! She's a bitch, and I'd much rather have Lupin teaching me, and that really is saying something!"

"You and Mr Potter, hm?" Sprout raised an eyebrow, a smile on her face. "I must say, I never suspected it."

"Neither did I," Lottie shrugged, although the thought of Harry did in fact calm her down.

"Now then, let's ignore your situation with Umbridge for a moment," Sprout said, sensing Lottie's anger. "How have you been lately?"

"Good," she replied.

She wasn't lying, either. The past few months had been good for Charlotte, and despite what happened in the summer, she was healing. School hadn't been completely awful - despite Umbridge. Erin had kept her distance and Harry had taken up her place, and he always kept Lottie smiling and happy.

"I'm glad. How has it been staying in the Gryffindor tower?"

"It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be," she said honestly, "and I get along with the students, so it's all good."

"Lovely!" Sprout said, "now I can imagine you're not going to go back to your class, so you can help me mark these papers."

And so for the rest of the lesson, Charlotte managed to relax a little as she and Sprout talked about things from school grades to how her summer went. They marked the papers and Lottie was calm again, ideas and thoughts about Umbridge had disappeared, and all was good.

𓆈𓆈𓆈

"Show me," the cold voice of Dolores Umbridge ordered Charlotte Lupin.

The Hufflepuff raised her arm that felt as though it had been forced into a fire and had needles dug through it, the pain she was in was awful, and she wanted nothing more than to punch the proffesor that stood before her.

"Good," she said, sickening grin on her face as she gripped Charlotte's burnt hand as tight as she could. "I expect you to be back here tomorrow."

"Yes," Charlotte said, her eyes drooping in exhaustion as she attempted to wriggle her fingers, which seemed to be completely numb and unable to move.

"Out."

She didn't have to be told twice, Lottie darted out of the room and down the corridors as quickly as she could, her body colliding with someone else's as she reached the corridor near the defense against the dark arts classroom.

"Merlin, Charlotte!" Gasped Remus Lupin, taking a step back as he looked at his daughter, who had tears in her eyes as she looked up at him. "Is everything okay?"

"Yep."

Remus sighed, looking at her curiously, however, as his eyes caught the sight of her hand, he gasped.

"My god!" He breathed, "an allergic reaction to...silver? How the hell did this happen?"

"Just an accident," she shrugged.

"Here, come with me, I have something that will help."

Barely giving it a second thought, Charlotte followed him into the classroom, where he opened the cupboards and started pulling out jars of liquids and tubes of creams.

"Your grandmother taught me how to make this when I was your age," he said, pouring a white liquid into a cauldron.

"What had you done?" She asked curiously.

"Grabbed a silver ring that my grandfather had owned. The pain was horrifying...and Lottie that burn...Merlin it looks horrific." Remus shook his head, "how did you do it?"

"Just...I accidentally touched silver," she said, still not comfortable with the fact she was having a conversation with her father.

"That doesn't look like an accident," he said, pouring in another liquid.

"Well...it was."

Remus nodded, not wanting to push her boundaries as he filled a glass with the liquid.

"I'm not going to lie to you, but this will taste disgusting." He said, handing her the glass.

Lottie nodded, quickly downing the drink.

For a moment, she felt no change, but after thirty seconds her body felt relaxed, the pain lessened at she felt relieved as her hand felt less heavy, less painful.

"The scars won't go, just the pain." Remus said, "would you like me to bandage it?"

"Sure," she shrugged, "thanks."

"Not at all, you're my daughter."

"Why do you keep trying?" She asked suddenly, "most people would give up within a few tries...but you...you keep going, you keep trying to get me to like you."

"What kind of father would I be to give up?" He asked, "the last time I did that it was a stupid, disgusting decision, and I now know better than to do that."

She nodded, but he wasn't done.

"I know that this is going to take time, and if it takes years, then I'll let it. I don't want to lose you again, hell I'd give my soul to make sure you were okay. I've been a terrible father, I know, but I really do want to make things right with you, and I'm going to try my best."

Charlotte didn't say anything, instead she watched as the red burn on her hand was replaced with the thick, white fabric of the bandage.

"Your mother would kill me if she were alive and found out I didn't take you straight to the hospital wing," he chuckled, "you should go straight to Poppy if it gets infected, but this should be okay."

"Do you still love her?" Charlotte asked, "my mum."

Remus took a deep breath, "your mother will always have a special place in my heart," he said. "I may have moved on, but I'll never forget her."

Charlotte nodded silently.

"I was devastated when she died...she was the first woman I loved...my first marriage. She meant a lot to me, Charlotte, and she would be so very proud of you and the girl you've become."

"Thanks," she said, a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You may not want to," Remus said, "but you can always ask about her, I know it's probably a struggle without her, but any questions I'm always willing to answer."

"I'll keep that in mind," she said, standing up. "Thank you."

"You know where I am if you need anything else."

She nodded, and felt a tug at her heart. She was so conflicted with the situation with her father, but perhaps she could be a little more open to being less of a bitch to him.

Perhaps.

A/N

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, I promise they'll come in daily soon!

Qotd: how was your halloween?

Word count: 1589