𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Well, she's probably in a safe place on the full moon," Lucas laughed.

"Like Remus?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"I'm going to go and check on her," Harry said, reaching for another piece of toast and standing up, "see you guys later."

Harry's mind was fizzing with questions as he walked through the corridors to the hospital wing.

Was Charlotte actually a werewolf? Or was Hermione wrong?

He didn't mind if she was a wolf, his dad had taught him not to care about those kinds of things at a very young age, although he was quite upset that Charlie hadn't told him, surely she should trust him enough with this secret?

Walking into the hospital wing, Harry was met with both his father and Remus talking to one another next to Lottie's bed, however Charlotte herself was still sleeping.

"Morning Harry!" James smiled brightly.

"Hey dad, Remus," Harry ponders on whether or not he should just ask one of the adults in front of him about Charlotte being a werewolf, and yet a part of him wanted to hear it from her directly.

"Is Charlie okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, she's just a little sick at the moment, nothing to worry about!" Remus smiled, and yet he looked even worse than his daughter. His skin was paler then usual and the bags under his eyes were prominent, and his posture was weak.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Harry asked Remus.

"Umbridge is already looking for reasons to remove me," he said, "it's better that I get up and moving as much as I can."

"Is she still giving you trouble?" Harry asked, lightly tapping his fingers on Charlotte's arm as he spoke.

"Unfortunately, she is," Remus nodded.

"She was off with Charlie as well," Harry said, wondering if Umbridge knew that she was a werewolf.

"In what way?" Remus asked, whilst James' expression sharpened, looking at his son in pure horror.

Harry thought back to the promise he had made to the sleeping Hufflepuff. He promised her he wouldn't tell his dad, no would he tell anyone else about what Umbridge had done to her hand.

"Just....detentions," Harry said quietly, however the raise of James' eyebrows told him that he hadn't lied very well.

"What kind of detentions?" James asked.

"Just writing lines," Harry shrugged, attempting to hide her lines.

"And Lottie's okay?" Remus asked, "Umbridge isn't doing anything...bad is she?"

"Bad...no...I don't think so."

And as much as he lied, neither Remus nor James believed Harry.

✵✵✵

"Are you sure you're well enough to go to the party?" Hermione asked Charlotte.

"I'm fine, 'Mione," Lottie promised.

The full moon hadn't been completely bad, and despite her headache, after a day of sleeping Lottie was pretty sure a few hours of a party wouldn't do her too much harm.

"I'm not really a party person," Hermione said, peering down at her book, "I think Coco and I will have a great time whilst the rest of you party downstairs."

"You're sure you don't want to come?" Lottie asked, frowning slightly. "I'm sure you'll have loads of fun!"

"Maybe next time," Hermione smiled, stroking the dog that was laying on her bed.