𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

In the fresh air, her lungs expanded as if they were on an automatic refill mode, the fresh air was so calming, almost as though it were brand new to the world, untouched by any human. The light breeze brings the soft serenade of the autumn, and Charlotte couldn't help but feel relieved that it was getting closer and closer to the end of the year, Christmas was just around the corner (after halloween of course), and the idea of seeing Kaycie was one that filled her with such serotonin, she felt as though she could burst of happiness.

She looked behind her, where Theo and Alex were messing around like young boys, the two pushing and nudging one another with soft smiles and rosy cheeks. The pair had become closer lately, and despite the chaos Umbridge had been bringing to the school, they seemed more than happy around one another.

"I'm going to get there before you!" Alex was saying, his laugh echoing across the quidditch pitch the trio were flying over, Lottie still far ahead of the boys.

"No you're not!" Theo laughed, nudging Alex with his broom once again, "you're too slow!"

Lottie smiled to herself, turning her attention to the view around her. As the sun had began to set, amethyst blooms fade under shafts of faltering light, hindered by soft-spun cloud. The lingering sun kisses outstretched wings, bound for warmer shores, whilst berries harken to those that stay, an gift of beautiful shades of red and purple, replacing summer petals that curl delicately into the sable earth.

Flying down to the grass, the fifteen year old stepped off of her broom, her trainers smudging the thick layer of mud that covered the empty patches of grass. Taking her broom in her hand, she clutched the wood close to her as she ran up to the pathway, laughter echoing around her as Theo and Alex flew to the ground.

"I'm going to win!" She called out in a sing-song voice, quickening her pace as her two friends did the same.

"Theo!" Alex shrieked.

Lottie turned around quick enough to see Alex trip over Theo's foot, falling forwards as Theo stumbled over him, the both of them landing in a heap on the floor.

"You guys are so lucky I don't have a camera!" She said through laughter as the boys sat up, clutching their stomachs as they laughed.

"That was your fault!" Alex cried, rubbing his forehead and smearing mud across it.

"You've got a...er...never mind," Theo shook his head, grinning at the boy in front of him, who had no clue what was on his face.

"Come on you two!" Charlotte laughed, outstretching her arms for them to pull themselves up, brushing off as much mud as they could do.

"Hey you two..." Alex said slowly, before breaking out into a run, "that bet is still on! See you at the castle!"

"Damn him!"

The three all ran up to the castle, their cheeks pink from the cold air and the hairs on their arms sticking up from the cold, but in that moment, they didn't care. It was almost as though they were young children again, giggling like naughty children who had been up to mischief.

In the end, Alex still ended up being last.

𓃗𓃗𓃗

"Remember the match is in five days!" Tamsin Applebee said to her team as their training match came to an end. "I've booked the pitch up for extra sessions, do not forget about them!"

The team all cheered, each player excited for the upcoming match against Ravenclaw. There were new faces to the team, but most of the team was the same one as last year. The team moral was high, everyone was pleased to be back playing, a year away from it was long enough.

As the training session came to an end, Lottie found herself in a conversation with James Potter.

"So Lottie," James had a hand on his hip, his glasses slipping down his nose as he looked at her in a dramatic manner. "Dolores says there was an outbreak in her office?"

"An outbreak of what? A pink pandemic?"

"Did you set the nifflers in there?" James whispered as if  they weren't in the middle of the quidditch pitch.

"Maybe," she replied.

"Well she's not happy! The broke a load of stuff on her office and knocked her things over! Well done!"

Charlotte laughed at his response, shaking her head as they made their way across the pitch.

"Who's she blaming?" She asked.

"The Weasley twins, poor lads, although they've been pranking her all week, I can't say I blame her for thinking it was them."

"Ah, poor twins," she sighed, "then again...we got blamed for their flying table prank..."

"Just don't let them know it was you," James winked, twirling his wand in his hand, "besides, I didn't hear a thing!"

"Thanks James," she smiled, "I better go get changed, see you later!"

"Bye!"

A/N

This took longer to write then if should have lool

Also I created a discord server go check my MB for the link!!

Qotd: would you like to see the DA in this book, or no?

Word count: 1202