𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Neither can I," Lottie sighed, "it'll be strange not having the extra company around."

"It will," Alex nodded, "it'll probably be nicer, we won't have to see Kaycie!"

"Oi!" She nudged him in the ribs. "Rude, my presence is the best kind!"

"Gotta say I agree with Kaycie on this one - Christmas better come quickly so you can be back here." Lottie sighed.

"I'm sure the time will fly by," Kaycie said, "besides, we still have the summer."

"I hate the summer," Theo groaned.

"Why?"

"Dad makes me clean all of his boats, he makes me go fishing too. Do you know how boring fishing is? It's torture!"

"Aw, poor little rich boy," Lottie laughed.

"My summer is always fun," Alex shrugs, "we have a swimming pool in our garden!"

"Another rich boy," Kaycie rolled her eyes, turning to Lottie, "will you come to the orphanage?"

Charlotte bit her lip, she hadnt mentioned her run in with Finley to Kaycie yet.

"Dunno..."

"Oh," Kaycie frowned.

"We can still do a day out or something," Theo said, taking the attention off of Lottie. "You guys could show us muggle London! Or we could go to a beach!"

"Mr I hate boats wants to go to a beach?" Kaycie raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, yes he does."

"I like beaches," Alex added, growing excited, "we should definitely go to one!"

"We can arrange it," Lottie said, smiling at his enthusiasm.

"Yay!"

She glanced around the hall, her eyes landing on Harry Potter, who was eating his breakfast as he talked to Ron, his hair less tame then usual.

"Look, she's staring at Potter again!" Theo announced.

"I'm telling you, she never stops!" Cried Kaycie.

"Did you see her in potions yesterday? Couldn't keep her eyes off of him!" Alex exclaimed.

"She can hear you," Charlotte said, turning back to them and glaring. "I'm not always watching him."

"Yes you are," they all replied.

"You like him!" Alex said in a sing song voice.

"Don't,"

"Do,"

"Don't,"

"Do,"

"Don-" Theo shoved the rest of her croissant in her mouth.

"We're not dumb, silly. Now shush!" He commanded, laughing at her shocked expression.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

A few hours later, the four friends followed the rest of the Hogwarts students across the grounds to the location of the third task. They walked onto the Quidditch field, which was now completely unrecognizable. A twenty-foot-high hedge ran all the way around the edge of it. There was a gap right in front of them: the entrance to the vast maze. The passage beyond it looked dark and creepy.

"Bloody hell, look at that maze!" Kaycie gasped.

"And all those little shop things, what are they?" Asked Alex, pointing to where about 30 stands were waiting for customers.

"My dads got one of those," Theo gritted his teeth, "the prize is a fucking boat."

"I'm going to buy you a boat for your birthday, sounds like you love them!" Kaycie said cheerfully.