𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

Kaycie had tried to study, she knew she'd have to get in as much revision as possible before the exams, there was just one issue.

She couldn't.

Having to focus on one subject was a lot harder than the professors made it seem, and each time she tried, her mind ended up drifting away and she wasn't able to take any of the information in.

Not only that, but finding the motivation to do extra school work was extremely difficult, meaning she rarely did it.

"Are you confident with many of your classes?" Charlotte asked curiously, looking in her bag for her book.

"I reckon I could pass a few," Kaycie shrugged, she only really cared about the core subjects anyway.

"Sounds good, do you need help with anything? We're not in the same year but I'm sure we could do some study sessions-"

"I'm fine, Lottie, you don't need to baby me." Kaycie said, brushing the conversation off.

"Okay, okay." She nodded wearily, looking over at Alex and Theo, who seemed to be having some kind of competition as to who could splash the other most.

"Hey Charlie!" The familiar voice of Harry Potter said cheerfully. His messy hair looked slightly tame, and he was dressed in black shorts and a grey shirt (which Lottie thought he looked particularly nice in.)

"Hey Harold!" She smiled up at him, moving so that she was laying on her stomach.

Kaycie and Ron smirked at one another, both having an idea of the feelings their friends had for one another, (not that Charlotte had realised yet.)

"Er - mind if we join you? 'Mione wanted to get some homework done out here and I think Lucas wants to do some drawing a-"

"Talk about rambling," Ron muttered, making Kaycie look up and laugh.

"You can join us, yes." Charlotte laughed, and Kaycie moved everyone's bags so that there was more room around them.

"You're not going swimming?" Harry asked, sitting right next to Lottie as he looked over at her two friends that were in the lake

"Not my thing," she shrugged, although she would actually love to go in. There was only one thing stopping her; the scars on her body from the full moons.

She wasn't worried about people figuring out what they were from, Hogwarts was filled with idiots who wouldn't guess it. She was more worried about how ugly they looked, everyone would think she looks weird if they saw them.

"How come?" He asked, moving so that he was laying on his stomach like she was.

"Dunno," she shrugged, and he glanced down at her clothes.

Maybe she didn't like how she looked? No. That wasn't possible. She was beautiful.

"Well, if you don't want to, I'll stay with you." He said softly, although he was already working on a plan to get her in.

Ron Weasley wasted no time at all, he was quick to jump in the lake and swim over to Theo and Alex, who he seemed to get on quite well with.

It wasn't just Ron who got on well with the group; Hermione and Lucas had engaged themselves in a conversation with Kaycie, the three of them laughing happily as they talked.

"Thanks," Charlotte smiled.

"So, excited for summer? It's only two months away, this years gone quickly." Harry asked.

"Well...sure?" Lottie replied uncertainly. Harry and Lucas weren't aware of what happened last summer, however it was still fresh in Charlotte's mind. She didn't fancy going back to Hope and Lyalls, although now that James owned the orphanage she wasn't sure whether she'd be made to move back there.