𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Finally! A good idea!"

𓃠𓃠𓃠

"There's not long until the match against Slytherin!" Cedric Diggory said to his team. It was a few days later and Lottie was standing on the quidditch bitch surrounded by her team as she waited for training to properly start. "We have to be prepared!"

"Oh come on Ced, It'll be an easy win." Lottie laughed, and Tamsin nodded in agreement.

"The snakes play dirty, but they never change tactics, it's a simple win." Tamsin said.

"Exactly!"

"Yes, well one wrong move and the quidditch cup is theirs so I want everyone in the air let's go!"

The team mounted their brooms, flying up as they started their training. There was a cold breeze, but Lottie knew not to complain seeing as she'd be red hot and sweaty in a matter of minutes.

An hour in, Diggory gave them a break and Lottie sat on the grass with her bottle of water.

"Are you doing alright?" James Potter asked, flopping down beside her. He and Lottie had gotten a lot closer the last few months, something he was beyond grateful for. He found himself checking up on her the same amount as he did for his own kids.

"I'm good, you?" Lottie asked, picking at the grass.

"Yeah," James nodded. "How're lessons going? You've got end of year exams soon, right?"

"Unfortunately," Lottie laughed. "Lessons are good, we're just getting lots of homework lately which is very annoying."

"I can't say I ever did my homework." James said carelessly. "I used to get Moony to do it - sometimes Mary or Evan's too."

"Mary and Evan's?" Lottie repeated, slightly unfamiliar with the names.

"Mary's a friend of Lily's, she was in our year when we were at Hogwarts. Evan's is Lily's maiden name," James let out a laugh. "I spent most of my Hogwarts life calling her Evan's, although I always knew she'd be a Potter."

"How sentimental - or should I say cocky."

"Either way, I got the girl." James smirked. "How about your love life. Any boys or girls?"

Lottie shook her head. "I'm fourteen, I don't need any relationships."

"I agree," James nodded. He didn't want Lottie or his daughter around any boys. "Boys have diseases, you should stay away from them. Girls also have er....they smell!"

"They smell?" Lottie repeated. "That's the best one you could think of?"

"Well I can't be mean about girls! I happen to be a gentleman."

"You're married with two kids,"

"I can still be nice!"

"Okay Mr girls smell,"

"Oi!"

"Right, I want everyone back in the air!" Cedric shouted, clapping his hands together as he looked at his team. "Chop chop let's go!"

"Yeah Lottie, chop chop." James smirked.

Lottie stuck her tongue out at him as she mounted her broom.

"Chasers this way!"

After a very long training session, Lottie walked side by side with Tamsin as they made their way back to the Hufflepuff common room.

"Merlin! It's like slave labour! Surely Cedric knows that this is only a school team, right?" Tamsin asked, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"I wish he did," Lottie shook her head. "He and Oliver Wood must be in some kind of quidditch obsessed cult!"

"I wouldn't put it past them," Tamsin giggled.

The two continued talking as they made their way back to the Hufflepuff common room, both having smiles on their faces.

"I am in strong need of a shower," Tamsin said, "I'll see you later."

"Bye!" Lottie waved, watching as the fourth year went up to her dorm.

Lottie did the same, going into the third year dorms to see Erin sat on her bed reading a book.

"You're back." She said, her voice thick with disgust as she looked up at Charlotte. "You look a mess."

"Thanks," Lottie rolled her eyes, biting her tongue to stop herself from saying anything back.

She grabbed some clean clothes - which happened to include one of her mums shirts that James had given her - and a towel, making her way up to the bathroom so she could clean herself up.

As much as Charlotte loved quidditch, the amount of training and hard work was a lot.

A/N

This was extremely short sorey lmfao

Qotd: what would your animagus be?

Word count: 1145