𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Wanna go play chess in our common room?" Asked Alex.

"Yeah," said Charlotte, standing up from the table, "let's go."

𐂂𐂂𐂂

The next day, Lottie strolled into transfigurations with a frown on her face. She hated that lesson, simply because she sat with Potter.

She hadn't spoken to Erin since the night of the quidditch match and she didn't even try to, she wasn't happy with Erin befriending Potter and Black and she was making that very obvious.

"Lottie! Hullo!" Harry grinned.

"Potter."

"So I have news!"

"What news?" Charlotte asked as she pulled out her quill, ink and parchment.

"My mum wrote back to me!"

"Lovely,"

"But she said it wasn't my business it was uncle Moonys," Harry frowned.

"Wonderful," said Charlotte, her eyes focused on the McGonagall who had just started her lesson.

"So I spoke to Erin!" Harry said happily.

"You what?" Charlotte asked, finally looking up at the boy who looked as happy as ever.

"She told me that you don't live with Remus, because he doesn't want you." Said Harry. "I didn't believe that though, Moony is very kind to everyone."

"Why is any of this your business?" Lottie asked.

"Because I'm intrigued." Said Harry. "Why'd you live in an orphanage?"

"Because I do, now piss off." Charlotte snapped.

"Do you know the reason?"

"Potter, turn around and do your work." Mcgonnogal instructed as she gestured towards the black board she had been writing on.

"Okay." Harry nodded, but as soon as the transfigurations professor turned to her other students, he went straight back to talking. "Apparently you've been rude to Moony."

"Who said that?" Asked Charlotte, trying to figure out which part of being abandoned was rude.

"Erin."

"What?" Lottie asked, confusion running around her head. Why had Erin called her rude? Was it because she hadn't spoken to Lupin properly?

"Yeah, said you've been ignoring him since you got here, even though he's been nice to you." Harry said.

"That is not true! Not that any of it is at all your business, not to mention the fact that I don't care about Remus, but that isn't true! He left me and I'm just sticking to what he wanted in the beginning! I don't like change, so it's not happening!"

"That doesn't make sense! Remus is amazing!"

"Not to me!"

"So what's the reason for you being a bitch?" Asked Harry.

"Potter! Lupin! Do your work." Minerva instructed.

"Got it Minnie!" Harry smiled.

Two minutes later, he was back to annoying Charlotte.

"So why don't you like him? Remus, I mean." Harry asked.

"I just explained it to you."

"That's not true though! Tell me the proper reason!" Harry whined. "I'll do anything!"

"I don't want anything." Charlotte sighed. "Except for you to fuck off."

"You are rude," Harry scoffed, "I still think you should be a snake."

"Rumour has it you were almost put in Slytherin too, Potter." Charlotte raised an eyebrow at the boy, who's eyes widened.

"Well...I'm in Gryffindor so it doesn't matter."

"But I'm in Hufflepuff?"

"Just...shut up you're confusing me!" Harry sighed. "Erin says you're always like this."

"Potter, I do not care, okay?" Charlotte sighed, growing extremely frustrated and angry at the girl who was supposed to be her friend.

"Tell me why you really don't like Remus! Merlin why won't anyone tell me!" Harry cried.

"I just did! Are you stupid or something?" Argued Charlotte.

"No."

Lottie sighed in relief when he stopped speaking, turning back to her work as Potter dropped the subject.

"Erin's really cool, you should hang out with us three sometimes!" Harry said ten minutes later.

"You just called me a snake and I don't like you and we argue everytime we see one another, so no, Potter I don't think I will."

"Brilliant! I'm taking that as a yes." Harry smiled.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Fine." Harry sighed. "By next lesson, I'll think of something good and then you'll want to be my friend!"

"Fantastic,"

The lesson dragged on, but Harry stopped asking Charlotte weird questions as it did, simply turning around so he could talk to Lucas about quidditch.

Lotties mind wandered to Erin, she wanted to speak to her about the things she had told Potter and she was going to do it soon...

A/N

Massive thankyou for 19k I love you all so much!

Qotd: do you like classical books?

Word count: 1233