Lottie shook her head, going back up to the dorms so that she could go back to bed.

𓃱𓃱𓃱

A few hours lately, Charlotte was wandering around the grounds aimlessly.

It was quite relaxing to be fair. She was in her own world, left to her own thoughts and she liked it that way. Lottie loved being with her friends, but sometimes she preferred to be alone for a while as she thought about things, she liked being alone, just not feeling alone. Especially at a time like this, where her life seemed to have a major change with Remus and Potter being there.

She made her way towards the Black lake, somewhere she often found herself.

It was quite cold outside, but she has one of Alex' old hoodies on and a pair of tracksuit bottoms she had had for Merlin knows how long, so everything was alright.

She reached into her pockets, pulling out her cigarettes and her lighter. She lit one of the death sticks without a care in the world as she watched the light waves in the lake.

Lupins detentions had been going on for four days now, and Charlotte still didn't like them. He kept trying to pick conversations with her and she really didn't like it. She had been wondering when he would stop, give up, and yet he hadn't yet.

It wasn't just Lupin either. Harry Potter kept finding ways to chat to her, transfigurations being his favourite. He asked her the strangest of questions and despite hot blunt she was, he never stopped asking them.

Charlotte was slightly confused as to why the Potters and Lupins where suddenly interfering with her life. She was just glad the Blacks weren't doing the same. She really did dislike them.

In a selfish kind of way, Lottie hated Lucas. She knew that it seemed horrible and she knew it was unkind, and yet she couldn't help it. Lucas seemed to have everything Lottie wanted. A family. Parents that care and love him. Remus Lupin treating him like a son his whole life.

And Charlotte? She was jealous of that.

She inhaled the cigarette, her memory flooding back to one of the only memories she had managed to cling onto through her childhood. It shocked her how good her memory was, however Lottie kept it close to her, she didn't want to forget it no matter how much she hated Remus Lupin.

"Daddy! Daddy look!" Five year old Charlotte exclaimed. She was all dressed up as a fairy princess, twirling around with a tiara on her head.

"You look beautiful, darling!" Remus smiled softly, spinning his daughter around in the air as he lifted her up.

"Auntie Marls and Lily helped me!" Charlotte giggled.

"You are so lucky Charlie-bear!" Remus chuckled. "I love you!"

"I love you too daddy!"

Sure the memory was short, slightly foggy and barely strong enough to keep replaying, however it was something Charlotte always used to remember her family.

She remembered Marlene McKinnon, she had seen her in the Daily Profit a few times too. Marlene was married to Dorcas Meadowes, one of the best healers at St Mungos Hospital.

Charlotte sighed. For someone who hates their family, she sure does think about them a lot - not that she could really help it.

She stayed watching the river and smoking her cigarettes for a while, and in that moment she did not have a care in the world for anyone or anything.

She was completely unaware of the stag in the distance, observing her as he tried to gain any knowledge on her personality that he could see he could understand how to be there for her in a way that was most comfortable for her.

𓆈𓆈𓆈

That evening, Lottie sat at the dinner feast surrounded by her friends (who had managed to sit at the Hufflepuff table despite it being dinner time.)

"We missed you so much!" Theo said for the third time.

"We got you lots of chocolate though," Alex told her proudly, knowing his best friend had a slight chocolate addiction.

"Hogsmeade was so much fun!" Erin said happily. "We went Honeydukes, the three broomsticks where we had amazing butter beer!"

"That sounds amazing!"

"We went to Zonkos too, I ran into Emily Black! Shes awfully kind you really should get to know her! And she's family with Draco too! Isn't that cool?" Erin continued.

"Very cool?" Charlotte replied uncertainly.

"Its a bit of a shame you couldn't come though, but it doesn't matter." Shrugged Erin.

"So what did you do?" Asked Theo.

"Just walked around the grounds, did some thinking and some homework, I went to the kitchens and saw the house elfs, y'know." Lottie shrugged.

"That sounds good." Theo smiled softly.

"It sounds a little boring, don't you think?" Asked Erin.

"It was, but I don't mind." Lottie chuckled. "I'm glad you guys had fun though! Was the village pretty?"

"It was stunning! There was the post office with all the assigned owls... I'm so glad that I got to go!" Erin said.

"I'm glad that you had such a good time!" Charlotte smiled, completely oblivious to the fact Erin was rubbing it in that she could go and Charlotte couldn't.

Lotties failure to point it out only frustrated Erin.

"We'll have to go again, won't we boys?"

"Sure." Alex shrugged. "The next trips not for a while though, I'm not too bothered though."

"Me neither." Theo said, taking a piece of apple pie. "It was cold today too, I hate the cold."

"Agreed, it was freezing today." Charlotte nodded.

"Oh well! I was lovely and warm in my coat, did I tell you that my dad sent me a new coat yesterday?" Erin asked.

"I don't think so." Lottie shook her head.

"I'll show you it later, he picked it out especially!"

And so the meal went on with Erin talking about all of her favourite things, it was an often occurrence, not that Lottie minded.

A/N

This chapter was so random and messy? But ohwell it 2:30am that's my excuse — rewriting and I have no excuse but no regrets xo

Thankyou for all your comments! The Erin, remus and james slander entertains me sm lmfao

Word count: 1455