Katsuki Bakugou x Reader: Confusing Feelings

I'm back with a long oneshot for Bakugou! This will be from Bakugou's pov so it will be a little different from my usual oneshot. Enjoy!

Bakugou was extremely confused. And he was never confused, so this was an entirely new emotion for him. He had started to feel sick to his stomach every single time you were near him and he didn't know why. He knew that he tolerated you more than he normally tolerated other people. In fact, aside from Kirishima, you were the only person that he genuinely enjoyed spending time with.

Other than getting butterflies every time he saw you. Plus his hands would get sweatier, and he would blurt out things that made him feel embarrassed. Like he was nervous about being around you! He didn't have time to act like a fool in front of you especially since he was trying to focus on being the number one hero. You were distracting him and he wanted it to stop.

Unfortunately, since he didn't have a lot of experience in the romance department he was not sure how to make his feelings go away. Maybe if he waited longer he would eventually realize that his feelings were silly and get over it.

That was his plan anyway, hopefully, it would work!

...

"Hey y/n! You look different today, is it your hair? Or maybe your shoes? What the heck could it be?" Kirishima asked you, tapping his fingers on the side of the cafeteria table. You smiled and took a sip of your water.

"You were right the first time Kiri. I just got a little trim to help it grow more." You said, fiddling with a strand of your hair. Bakugou couldn't stop staring at how your hair moved through your fingers, it looked so soft. It took all he had to not grab your hand and feel your hair on his fingertips. "Does it look alright?"

"Yeah! What do you think Bakugou?" Kirishima asked him which made the blonde boy scowl. He didn't like being put on the spot like this, but when you looked over at him so innocently as you waited for his answer he couldn't stop his heart from racing at full speed.

Damn it y/n! What the hell are you doing to me!?

"It doesn't look shitty that's for sure!" He finally replied and you grinned at him, seemingly satisfied with his blunt response. The way you were smiling at him made his mind go blank and he stared at you grinning face for a second too long. You noticed him but that just made you smile at him even more for some reason.

"What's wrong Bakugou? You look like Kiri when he had to take that pop quiz! Like, sort of shocked and confused I guess." You asked him. He immediately looked away from you and scowled.

"Why do you always say that? You always call me by my name but you have a nickname for Kirishima, why is that?" He asked, but his question came out more hostile than he meant it to.

You quieted down while Kirishima's red eyes glanced back and forth from you to Bakugou. "Um, should I leave or--?" Kirishima started to ask.

However, before he could finish you started talking. "What does it matter if I gave him a nickname, you give people nicknames all the time. You even have one for Kirishima...it's Shitty Hair isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah but I do that with a lot of people...it just seems like he's the only one you have a nickname for. That's really shitty I think!" Bakugou replied and he knew he sounded ridiculous. Why was he blurting all this stuff out? He knew that you and Kirishima were just friends, plus he had no control over who you had feelings for.