Todoroki Shoto x Reader: Pining

So sorry for not updating sooner, I hit a big writer's block but I think it's over? Idk. Request for Todoroki with a reader that acts childish to cope with things. I hope I fulfilled this request like what you wanted. For this oneshot the reader will be able to create soundwaves from their voice. Like a mini Present Mic. Enjoy!

Doodling in class was your trademark. It helped to focus your mind when Aizawa and Present Mic droned on for just a bit too long. It also helped relieve stress. Unfortunately, you sat right next to Todoroki the boy you had a major crush on, and you were self-conscious about doodling in front of him.

You wondered if he secretly judged your silly sketches or if he didn't care at all. Maybe you were giving yourself too much credit, he probably didn't even notice anything you did.

"Y/n...earth to y/n!" Aizawa's gravelly voice shouted at you and you tore your eyes away from your notebook, staring back at him.

"Huh?" You managed to say, completely intimidated by the pro hero who was glaring at you with red eyes. Kaminari started to chuckle at your response but one look from Aizawa shut him up.

"Pay attention y/n. I won't tell you again because I don't like repeating myself." He told you sternly.

"Yes sir." You replied, putting your pencil down for the moment. Drawing would have to wait for another day.

...

Next on the day's schedule was hero training, one of your favorite parts of the day actually. It was fun to think on your feet and pretend that you were already a pro-hero, not just a student learning about hero work.

"Alright everyone today will be a bit nostalgic for you all, we'll be doing heroes versus villains. Since you all have improved your quirks and fighting styles from the beginning of the year let's see how things turn out now."

"Yes sir!" The class responded together. Everyone drew cards from a box which determined whether they would be heroes or villains, and what team they would be on. Kaminari and Kirishima drew the same cards, making them heroes. You and Todoroki were going to be the villains against them which made you more nervous than usual.

The last time you did this training you were a hero and you were not paired up with Todoroki, who was oblivious to the effect he had on you. You all were the first teams up and as you and Todoroki climbed the stairs to go protect the fake bomb, you felt your heart pound loudly in your ears.

I feel like I should impress him, but I don't want to embarrass myself. What should our strategy be for this fight anyway?

"T-Todoroki, do you have a plan yet?" You asked him when you reached the top of the stairs. Todoroki nodded his head.

"I do. It's pretty simple though, but Kaminari and Kirishima are simple guys. They might be tricked easily...no offense to them. Do you have a plan too?" He replied with a turn of his head. You thought for a moment, thinking of some possible plans. Kirishima and Kaminari were a strong duo if you were going to win you were going to have to split them up.

"I don't have a plan exactly, more of a rough outline?"

"Alright, well let's see where your rough outline takes us then."

...

Kaminari and Kirishima both squatted down behind a wall, and whispered their plan together. "If Todoroki catches us we're toast. But if y/n sees us she'll blow our ears out and we won't be able to fight." Kirishima told Kaminari, whispering in case you and Todoroki were nearby. Kaminari moved a little to peek out from behind the wall. He didn't see anyone coming towards them, so maybe they were both still by the bomb?