Shinsou Hitoshi x Reader: Connected

Shinsou was requested, with no specific scenario so I made one up like usual ^_^ I hope you all enjoy it!

In your dream, Shinsou's back was turned to you so you couldn't see his face. But you could hear his voice as clear as day. "I love you y/n, you're my number one. I won't let anything bad happen to you." You opened your mouth to speak but the words were not coming out. 

Shinsou! I love you too, I love you so much!

You woke up with a start, your eyes widening and then squinting as they adjusted to the light of the bedroom. Yawning loudly you stretched out on the bed like a cat, your leg touching Shinsou's side lightly. Mornings like these were rare, because usually he just did not sleep. Last night was the first time he had a good night's sleep in a while. Well if you were being honest, you two did a little bit more than just sleep.

You thought back to last night and smiled to yourself. The breathless whispers of love, tender touches, and the squeakiness of the bed underneath you two all came back to you in a flood of memories. Maybe that's why you had the dream you did. A gentle sigh escaped your lips and you moved closer to your still sleeping husband. Your hands played with his soft purple hair, making him shift a little in his sleep.

He was slowly waking up and you whispered softly to him, "Good morning love." before placing a soft kiss on the top of his head. He breathed out and chuckled, his eyes still closed shut.

"G'morning." He murmured, his voice still raspy from sleep. He paused and opened his eyes. "We should do that more often y/n. It was great." His eyes trailed over your collarbone where he had left some less than subtle love marks on your skin and you felt your face grow a little warm.  

You reflexively hid your face in your pillow and laughed into it, a bit embarrassed by his bluntness. He was always straight to the point but you loved that about him. You lifted your head, "I mean I'm not going to say that we shouldn't do that more. We just rarely have time I guess."

He raised an eyebrow and moved closer towards you so your faces were only inches apart. You gazed into his deep purple eyes and he cupped the side of your face gently. "Oh? Then how about we start now--" 

Beep! Beep! Beep! 

Shinsou's phone began ringing and he scowled at the interruption it caused. "Damn it. Really? Right now?"

"Uh-oh, looks like we'll have to wait till next time." You told him with a smile before rolling out of bed and throwing on a comfortable sweatshirt. Shinsou watched you for a moment and then answered the phone.

"Hello? Yeah...yeah y/n is here too...alright we'll be right there. Just do what you can for now, we'll be there as soon as we can." He hung up. "Y/n, we have to go. There's been a string of bank robberies, the police are chasing the villains now."

"O-Oh my god, ok well then...let's go!" You said, quickly tossing him a shirt and pants from the floor where they had fallen last night. He caught them and put on his clothes in a flash. You hurried up and went to grab the car keys from the table. He walked towards you and kissed your cheek gently. "I'm ready." You told him.

"Let's do this." He said, steeling himself for the day ahead.

...

Shinsou let you drive because when you were in a hurry, you could drive like a maniac. "Where are the police now?" You asked him, making a sharp turn on a red light. Shinsou held onto the dashboard as the car tires squealed loudly and he looked at his phone.

"A-According to the police they're heading down 6th and West...near that big intersection. The villains are in a black van with tinted windows." He replied.

"I'm going to cut them off then!" You shouted, crossing through four lanes of traffic quickly.

Shinsou watched the road with wide eyes but after a while he closed his eyes shut, trusting you to do a good job of driving. You had to make a few more turns before you got to the intersection that they were going to cross. 

You rushed right into the intersection. Multiple other drivers honked their horns at you but you ignored them. You had bigger fish to fry now. You saw the black van speeding along and you pulled up in front of them, slamming on the brakes so if they did hit you it might not be so bad. 

But they skidded to a stop in order to avoid hitting you, and you smiled. Your plan had worked! 

The police quickly surrounded the van and you and Shinsou got out of the car. The villains, seeing that they were outnumbered and out-powered surrendered without a fight, thankfully. 

You breathed out a sigh of relief and laughed. "Thank god that's over! That was one hell of a chase!" You said to Shinsou, who was carefully watching the police arrest the villains. "What's wrong?" He turned to you and grinned a little bit. His arm reached over and looped over your shoulder, pulling you close to him.

"Oh nothing, I'm just glad we're both safe. You're my number one person after all, I don't want anything happening to you." He said. The dream you had last night came back to you in a flash. He had said almost the same thing during that dream, how strange. Maybe you two were connected in a deeper way than you knew.

He kissed the top of your head and you smiled. "Yeah, but we're both so badass that we'll always be safe."

"I think you were the badass today, to be honest," Shinsou said with a light laugh. He leaned his head closer to you and whispered in your ear. "I love you."

You looked up at his beautiful eyes and saw that he was being so sincere right now. His back was not turned to you like your dream. "I love you too. Hell, we should do this more often. Maybe car chases should be our trademark." You said, pecking his cheek quickly.

"You never know." He replied with a sly grin. "That might just be our specialty."