Shindo Yo x Reader: Exam (Part 2)

Part 2 was requested!! But I was too lazy to change the title even though the license exam is not really a part of this oneshot...so here we are. Enjoy!

"And then...oh my god it was crazy Shindo! Ryukyu turned into her dragon form and destroyed the entire building! The villains never knew what hit 'em! I was outside though, but it was still so crazy to see. How's your internship going Shindo?" you asked. You were sitting comfortably on your bed, and you leaned back against your pillows.

You had gotten used to living in the U.A. dorms, and you were glad that they had allowed you to move your own bed into your room. Plus you could stay up late and talk to Shindo, which you wouldn't have been able to do if you were at home.

Shindo had actually been the first one to call you after you both traded numbers, and ever since then you two usually talked on Sundays and Wednesdays. It was great to hear what he was doing, because you hadn't actually seen him since the day of the license exam.

"....Well, I picked up some trash yesterday. Oh! And then I passed out flyers for a charity. So you know...I've been pretty busy too." Shindo replied in a lackluster tone.

You stifled your laughter at his response, and thankfully succeeded because you didn't want to hurt his feelings. Instead you said, "Well, every internship has its highs and lows I suppose. Next week will probably be pretty boring for me..."

"Oh that's good!" he replied happily.

"Wooow thanks Shindo--"

"Well, I'm just glad you'll be safe. If it's a boring week, that means you'll probably be safer." he added quickly, and you felt your cheeks grow hot. How could he just say something like that so nonchalantly?

"U-Um thank you Shindo. I'm glad you...worry about me like that!" You told him loudly. You tried to calm your fiery blush, and you were grateful that Shindo wasn't actually here with you.

"Well it's the least I can do y/n. I mean it's not like I'm there with you...you know?"

"I wish you were!" You blurted out suddenly. You were met with silence through the phone and you began to feel very nervous. But then Shindo spoke up, talking very slowly to you.

"Y/n, if it's alright with you...I'd like to come see you."

Your heart hammered in your chest at his words and your nervousness melted away, and turned into pure excitement.

"Of course it's alright with me Shindo! Do you wanna come on the weekend? We could make it easy and just meet at U.A. High...and then we can walk around town."

"Sounds like a date to me y/n." Shindo said and you squeaked in surprise at his comment. You rolled over and nearly fell off of your bed as you did. "Um, y/n...are you alright?"

"Y-Y-Yeah!! I've never been better Shindo! I'm in tip top shape dang it!" You exclaimed, trying to sound as normal as possible. You heard Shindo chuckle softly at you and you relished in that gentle noise. Even if you were embarrassing yourself you were glad that Shindo could have a good chuckle. Kind of.

"I'll meet you at U.A. then y/n. How's this Saturday at eleven?"

"That's fine. That's great actually! I'll see you then, bye!" you said, ending the call abruptly. Hopefully Shindo would forgive you for being so awkward on the phone. You were extremely excited to be able to see him again after all this time, and you hoped he felt the same.

...

You shifted in place, scrolling through your recent pictures on your phone as you waited for Shindo. He said he would be a little late, because the train had left a few minutes later than usual. U.A. was unusually quiet, even though you were all living on campus now, but you enjoyed the silence.

Suddenly, you felt a quick tap on your shoulder as Shindo said, "Wow! That's a nice picture of the beach y/n. Instead of being a hero, you should be a photographer."

"I can't believe you would want me to give up on my lifelong dream of becoming a hero just like that!" You said, snapping your fingers together for emphasis.

"I know, that was pretty awful of me." Shindo replied, his voice laced with sarcasm. You chuckled at his response, just happy that he was finally here. 

With a sudden burst of confidence you leaned forward hand hugged him tightly. He tensed up at first, before relaxing at wrapping his lean and strong arms around you. He sighed and rested his chin on top of your head before saying, "I didn't know you missed me this much y/n. I would've visited you sooner."

"Well, you're here now Shindo. I'm so glad..." you whispered to him before loosening your grip on his body as you ended the hug. He gazed at you, resting his hands on your shoulders, and it almost seemed like he was trying to figure out what to say next. His dark eyebrows were furrowed slightly, but you waited patiently to see what he had to say.

"Y/n...when I told you that what we were doing today was like a date...I thought that that wasn't such a bad idea. The idea of dating you seems great to me, and I was just wondering if you feel the same...or not."

"Shindo..." you breathed, processing what he said. You reached up and cupped his soft cheek in your hand. "I think I've had feelings for you...for a long time. I would love to date you...and when I become a photographer, you will be my muse."

"Pfft, shut up. That's too cheesy." Shindo said, diverting his eyes from your face. This was the first time you had seen him act a little bit flustered, and you loved the fact that only you had made him like this.

"Let's get this date started then Yo." you said, a wide smile pulling at your lips. He smirked back, and with that you two walked off of campus.

...

"Why do you think y/n was talking to that guy from Ketsubutsu?" Uraraka questioned, still looking out of the huge window overlooking U.A. High. She recognized him from the exam and she remembered that his quirk had been pretty impressive but he had used it recklessly.

"Maybe they like each other..." Kaminari said in passing as he walked into the kitchen. Midoriya nodded in agreement with Kaminari, and then spoke up.

"Both of their quirks are compatible because y/n is capable of destroying the ground with their soundwaves, and Shindo can destroy the ground with his 'shake' quirk. Overall they would be a pretty strong team, plus y/n is skilled at hand to hand combat which would be invaluable especially since that seems to be one of Shindo's weaknesses. Also, the drawback to his quirk could be alleviated if y/n could--"

"SHUT THE HELL UP NERD!! NO ONE CARES!" Bakugou roared from his place on the couch across the room, and Kirishima who was sitting right beside him, covered his ears for protection.

Midoriya shrunk back and Kaminari burst out laughing at Bakugou's antics. Iida on the other hand waved his hands around furiously and stated, "Midoriya! I just hope Shindo can protect y/n. I believe having a partner can give you good practice when it comes to being self-sacrificing and generous!"

"Yeah, I hope they use protection too! HAHAHAHA!" Kaminari chortled and Iida blushed darkly from his comment.

"We should just respect their privacy. Too much meddling would be extremely inconsiderate of us, and as a class we need to support y/n with whatever endeavor they are pursuing." Yaoyorozu said on a more serious note.

"Yeah, and they're pursuing Shindo!" Kaminari added, and several students snickered.

Luckily you had no knowledge of this conversation between your peers, or else you would have been too embarrassed to ask Shindo for a second date. 

Which you did, after mustering up some much needed heroic courage!