Tododeku: Dance Lessons

I have never written for a ship before, but this was an interesting request because they wanted a female Midoriya...and I was like hell yeah!! I don't plan on writing ship oneshots though (I like reader scenarios so far), but if I do I will make a whole separate collection for them so they don't crowd up my oneshot collection. Enjoy!

It was a rather warm fall day, the perfect time to be outside because the weather was so balanced, at least according to Midoriya. School was out for the day, and Midoriya was walking home along with Uraraka until she said wanted to go get something to eat.

"Uraraka don't worry it'll be my treat." the green haired girl said happily to Uraraka.

"It's not a burden?" Uraraka asked bashfully, her rosy cheeks becoming even redder with embarrassment.

"Not at all, let's go downtown there are more restaurants there...lemme just text my mom to tell her where I'll be." Midoriya said, pulling out her phone. Uraraka smiled widely as the wheels started to turn in her mind.

"Hey, do you just want to go downtown to see him?"

Midoriya immediately became flustered and she began to splutter out jumbled words. "W-w-what...I...w-why...I'm n-not...why..."

"Deku, it's alright. Let's go before the dance studio closes! And more importantly, before all the good restaurants close!" Uraraka said grabbing Midoriya's hand and leading her towards the train station.

"N-no Uraraka y-you've g-got the w-wrong idea!" Midoriya stumbled out, but Uraraka just laughed and kept dragging her friend to the station.

...

 Downtown

"Wow!! We could eat anywhere for dinner Deku!" Uraraka exclaimed giddily, as she twirled around in her place. 

"W-well not anywhere, I have a budget..."

"This is awesome Deku! What ya' craving?" She asked Midoriya, gesturing to all of the restaurants on the crowded street. "Oh wait...before we eat, how about we go to his dance class for a bit?"

"OH uh, I don't know what if he doesn't want us there and then it'll be awkward you know? I think it's best if we--ah!" Uraraka interrupted Midoriya, by grabbing hold of her wrist again and leading her to the dance studio near there. Uraraka knew how much he meant to Midoriya, and she'll be damned if she didn't support her dear friend with this romantic adventure.

Before Midoriya knew it, she was standing in front of the downtown dance studio. The windows were extremely clean, and you could see inside the studio and peek at the dancers.

That was when Midoriya saw him. He was dancing with a partner, and it appeared like they were doing a waltz. Midoriya stood by the window mesmerized at the sight that was laid before her.

Todoroki looked so calm and collected as usual, but his movements looked almost ethereal. He was wearing a simple v-neck shirt, that accentuated his athletic form. Wow, even after a long day at U.A. he still has enough energy to have a dance lesson! 

"Wow I didn't know he was a ballroom dancer. So fancy!" Uraraka pointed out, peering through the large window shamelessly. The dance ended and Todoroki bowed to his partner politely, before going to the other side of the room to fetch his water bottle. His bi-colored eyes wandered to the large window, and Uraraka waved excitedly and Midoriya smiled softly at him.

He waved before striding over to open the glass door. Once he opened it he said in a soothing voice, "Sorry guys the class just ended, but the advanced ballet class is starting in an hour."

Midoriya chuckled to herself at the idea of trying "advanced ballet," and Todoroki looked down at his feet awkwardly. Uraraka smiled and patted Midoriya's shoulder gently, before saying she was going to look around at the restaurants. Midoriya couldn't even get a word in before her bubbly friend was gone.

"Were you two going to eat around here?" Todoroki asked Midoriya, leaning down slightly. 

"Well, yeah, but then Uraraka said we should visit you...here...now...so here we are."

"Well, fine by me. Come in, so you can finally see where all the magic dancing happens."

"S-sure t-thanks!" Midoriya replied nervously, feeling warmth spread throughout her entire face. The inside of the dance studio was full of movement and life. The light brown wood floors reflected the bright lights, hanging over a wall that was a huge mirror. 

So this is where he goes after school, so cool! Midoriya thought to herself, as Todoroki was leading her around the studio.

"....And in that back room is where the camera equipment is stored. We sometimes do videos, our teacher is really ambitious I guess." Todoroki said, smiling faintly at Midoriya. People were leaving and packing up their stuff, and before the pair knew it, they were alone in the large studio.

"My teacher sometimes leaves it up to me to lock up when she goes to lunch, before the ballet class starts."

"Oh yeah, I was thinking about joining that class." Midoriya told him jokingly.

"Really?"

"Pfft, no. But seriously this is a really cool place Todoroki, I'm just surprised you have time to do stuff like this. It's great!" Mirdoriya said. Todoroki just nodded in response and his brow started furrow suddenly, as if he was straining to say something.

"Um, Midoriya...do you want to...dance with me?" Todoroki asked a red-faced Midoriya. She twirled a curly tuft of her hair around her finger and pondered for a second. 

"A-alright but I don't know if I'll be very good and I'm not..." Midoriya trailed off, as she watched Todoroki bow his head slightly before he closed the space between himself and Midoriya.

Todoroki's hand suddenly found itself resting on Midoriya's waist gently, and his other hand grasped hers and held it up slightly. He leaned forward until they were almost dancing cheek to cheek. 

"Let's just start slow..." he said lowly, his cold breath tickling the side of her face. Todoroki led the dance, swaying back and forth, as Midoriya tried to match his steady rhythm. Midoriya felt like her heart was going to leap out of her chest, just out of sheer nervousness. 

Suddenly, as she was lost in thought she felt something hard underneath her feet. Todoroki winced, his eyes narrowing somewhat, but he kept on dancing smoothly without skipping a beat. 

"S-Sorry, T-Todoroki..." Midoriya mumbled, clutching his hand tighter. Todoroki shook his head and said, "It's fine Midoriya, is this nice?"

"Mmhmm, it's really nice." Midoriya said as Todoroki extended his arm and spun her around. Her black skirt billowed out gracefully, and she couldn't help but giggle.

"What is it?" Todoroki asked her, as he pulled her back towards him, concern seeping into his deep voice. Midoriya paused before mustering up enough courage to finally ask the question that had been on her mind for so long.

"Todoroki, do you want to on a date with me?" she asked carefully choosing her words, as she swayed with him. Todoroki's face erupted in a fierce blush, breaking his usual calm demeanor in an instant. He still kept his feet moving though, his eyes boring into Midoriya's green ones intensely.

"I...would love that Midoriya. Thank you." he replied, and Midoriya, face broke into a full and bright smile at his words.  

 Who would've thought slow dancing with the right person could be so uplifting?