Sero Hanta x Reader: With You

Another Sero oneshot was requested, so if any of you all are feeling sad or are in a bad mood I hope this will cheer you up! ^_^ Enjoy!

"Hey y/n! Did you wanna hang out. We're thinking of going to your favorite ramen place." Jirou said, poking you on your side playfully with her elbow. Yaoyorozu gave you a bright smile, that should have made you feel instantly better. It usually did...

"It will be my treat y/n." She said, her dark eyes shining with genuine earnest. But you didn't feel like this was the right thing to do right now.

"I have a lot of homework to catch up on...plus my mom really needs my help with some chores. Maybe next time?" You said, your eyes looking down at your desk.

Jirou and Yaoyorozu exchanged worried looks but decided not to push you further.

"I understand. Next time then." Yaoyorozu said before walking away and leaving for the day. Jirou's eyes gazed at you for a bit longer before she walked off with Yaoyorozu, leaving you alone.

I just don't feel like it...I'm sorry guys, you thought as you packed up your pencils and notebooks and left for the day. Next time for sure...

They were too nice to you and you felt like you had to be alone for a while. Maybe the sadness that you felt would just go away if you gave yourself enough time. You walked home, made yourself put dishes away, and then went straight to your room.

Three days later

Your attendance had been perfect up until now. You had decided to take the day off to maybe sort some things out, but instead you opted to stay in bed and not move.

You lied and told your mom you were sick, and thankfully she believed you. She left for work so you had all the time in the world to just stay in bed.

Maybe this is exactly what I need. Some more time by myself.

You pulled the covers over your head, effectively blocking out the sunlight from your window, and closed your eyes. A good nap might make you feel better...

"Y/n! It's Sero! I have your homework that you missed."

Sero's loud voice from outside woke you up with a start. How long had you been asleep?

You rolled out of bed and shuffled to the front door. Out of all the people to see you like this, it had to be Sero. "I'm coming." You said, your voice still raspy from sleeping.

You opened the door and was greeted by Sero's huge ear to ear grin. "What's up? You weren't at school."

Your eyes widened and you immediately began to cough into your hands. "I-I'm really s-sick." You said through your coughs.

Sero raised an eyebrow. He was obviously skeptical.

"Well I have your homework. Today was kind of important too, cause we had a quiz in Present Mic's class." Sero said, letting himself in to your house. He  took his shoes off by the door and looked at you over his shoulder. "Got any juice?"

"No. You can have milk."

"Cool. Thanks. You don't sound sick anymore y/n." He said. He went into the kitchen and got a small glass of milk for himself, and your cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"I...I'm not sick. I just didn't feel like going to school today."

"What do you mean? Is everything ok?" He asked, taking a sip of the milk. His black eyes didn't leave your face, and you bit down on your bottom lip harshly. "I can help."

"I just don't feel right Sero. I feel so shitty and I don't know why, I just know that I don't deserve to be...with all of you. Especially with you."