Iida Tenya x Reader: Chance

Iida is giving all of us starting school a thumbs up, awwww. I'm hitting the ground running with all of these requests, so I'm gonna be working on these for a while (there are so many). Anyway on with the fluff ^_^ Enjoy!

It seemed like everything that happened between you and the speedy pro hero Ingenium happened by chance. You two happened to meet when you were visiting Japan to make connections with people as a hero costume designer, and he just so happened to break his armored suit the same day you were at the office.

He called you on the one day you were off, asking if you wanted to go on a date with him. His mother's wedding ring just so happened to fit your finger perfectly, there was no need to re-size it.

So it was no surprise that you just so happened to find out you were pregnant on the day that Iida was supposed to get back from a mission that was out of the country. You were wondering if you should make the reveal a surprise for Iida, but decided against that because he disliked surprises.

"I'll just tell him and he'll be so happy...oh my god he's going to be so happy." you said to yourself while you were pacing around the living room. Back and forth you went, thinking of different ways this situation could play out.

Would Iida want to keep this pregnancy a secret, just as a precautionary measure? Or would he want to announce it to the entire world?

"Oh god...the media is going to be all over this." you grumbled. You were usually a very private person, but Iida being a pro hero meant that you two were in the spotlight more often than not. "Ugh I better call him, I need to hear his voice."

You dialed his number, hoping that he had gotten off the plane by now. After only a few rings he picked up.

"Hello sweetie! I just touched land, I'm heading home now." He told you, and you could feel the tiredness in his voice. He probably just wanted to come home and sleep but now you were going to have to tell him about this...situation.

"That's great, I was wondering when you were going to land. W-When you get home though, there's something I need to talk to you about. It's some pretty big news." you said, smiling a bit.

"Well based on the tone of your voice it must be good news right?" Iida asked you, sounding slightly worried.

"Oh yeah it is...depending on how you look at it." you said, sitting down on the living room couch. "I mean, I think you're definitely going to be excited about this...it's just a really big change for us." You fiddled with the gold wedding band around your finger, and sighed.

"I really want to know what the news is, I am really curious now y/n!" he said. "I'll be right there, maybe I should just run...I'll see you soon either way!"

"Ok, be safe." you replied, and you hung up. Your stomach was in knots at the thought of having this conversation. You knew it was going to work out in the end though, but that still didn't make you any less nervous about it all. You sighed and decided to pick up some things before Iida got home.

Iida showed up ten minutes after your phone conversation and he burst through the door, a huge glowing smile on his face. "Y/n I'm home!"

You stopped folding some of your laundry, and practically ran to the front door. Iida threw his arms around you, lifting you off your feet and spinning you around. You wrapped your legs around him, but he kept you in his arms.

You moved your face so you could look at him, but his lips were soon on yours so you didn't get much of a chance to look at him. "Tenya...hang on...lemme look at you." you tried to say through the sweet kisses he was giving you. He moved away, smiling tenderly at you.

"Hi." you said, not knowing what else to say. Iida chuckled, and put you back down on the floor carefully.

"Hi." he replied with a smile. "I really missed you, I'm so glad I'm back."

"I'm glad you're back too but...there's some news--"

"Oh yeah! What is it? Is it exciting?" Iida asked, his dark blue eyes lighting up with curiosity and his hands making quick chopping motions. You rubbed the back of your neck, and twirled a strand of your hair around your finger nervously.

"Well as it turns out...I'm pregnant. I found out a few days ago, but I wanted to tell you in person." you started to say. Iida stared at you with wide eyes, obviously dumbstruck by your news. His entire body seemed to shake, and his arms were still for a moment. "We're going to be parents Tenya!"

"Y/n..." He began to say, placing shaking hands on your shoulders, "You don't know how happy I am right now!" Iida exclaimed, picking you up in his arms again. Your bodies pressed flush together, and his warm breath tickled your face as he gazed at you. "We are going to be the best parents in the world y/n!!"

Warm tears of relief formed in your eyes, falling down your cheeks quickly. Iida's eyes widened at the sight of your tears and he made quick work to wipe them away with his fingers.

"Y/n, it's ok. I bet you were really nervous about telling me because it's a really big change in our lives. I'm so sorry I wasn't here when you found out...I messed up. But I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere." He said, pressing a light kiss on your lips.

"It's fine Tenya, I only knew for a few day before you did...and I know you're not going anywhere. I love you so much, I'm glad this happened with you. I wouldn't want it any other way." your voice turning into a whisper as you leaned in for a kiss. He met you halfway, his arms pulling you even closer to him, and you felt like you two were just sharing your first kiss together.

So, even if things happened to you two by chance, you wouldn't change anything one bit. It was perfect in every way.