Hawks x Reader: Stealth

Ok chapter 185 just hit me in the writer's bone only because of this winged man! How dare he be so cool! Anyway for those caught up with the manga I hope you like this, and since pretty much nothing is known about him except that he's a sassy little shit and a prodigy, I will do my best with his character. Enjoy!

"Hey y/n, you look very beautiful today. Too bad you have all that paperwork or we could get out of here for a bit." Hawks whispered lowly as he stood behind you in the empty elevator, but you didn't quite catch what he said so you just shrugged your shoulder.

"What?" you asked, turning your head to look at him.

But instead of answering you Hawks just chuckled and pretended to zip his lips before the elevator doors opened and he walked out in front of you. This left you very confused but curious. 

What's up with him?

You had been a sidekick at Hawks hero agency since it first started when he was just eighteen, and he was actually quite shy when it came to romance because of how he was always in the spotlight. He said that he didn't want his partner to be in the tabloids and to have nasty things said about them on the internet.

So when he suddenly confessed his feelings to you after a long mission you were surprised to say the least. You two had flirted with each other on many occasions before his confession, but you were nervous that dating your superior would definitely attract some news attention that Hawks didn't want in the first place.

 But so far you two had both kept your relationship quiet and Hawks was especially stealthy. He would steal kisses when no one else was looking or he would reference some inside joke that only you two understood. No one seemed to be catching on yet which was a good thing.

But even though it was Hawks idea to keep the whole thing secret, he seemed to be getting frustrated with it. Just today he said that he was dying to 'show you off' and you knew how he always spoke his mind. You just hoped it wouldn't be that embarrassing for either of you.

When it happened you were sitting at your desk filling out some paperwork and minding your own business when suddenly Hawks burst out of his office and cleared his throat loudly.

"Attention everyone!! I just want to announce something that is really important and I wanna make it brief: Y/n and I are dating, and we will continue to have many more dates if possible! Thank you--"

"Yeah Hawks we know." Many people grumbled and one other person chimed in, "We've seen you two giggling together so much, we all knew something was up."

"Yeah Hawks you're not that sneaky." chimed in another sidekick.

"S-So everyone knew!?" you exclaimed, shooting out of your chair. In an instant all of your coworkers eyes were on you.

"Yes!" they all shouted in unison. You sank back in your chair feeling completely and utterly embarrassed for you and Hawks. But when you raised your head and caught Hawks' eyes he was smiling widely and giving you a thumbs up.

"Sounds like we can go on more dates yeah?" he asked.

You were silent for a moment before breaking into a fit of laughter. Hawks had such confidence in himself, it made this entire situation a lot more bearable.

"Yeah of course!"