Todoroki Shoto x Reader: First Impression

Todoroki was requested again (I guess I underestimated how popular he is lol) but I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of writing for him ^_^ The reader and Todoroki will both be in their first year so that's cool (plus with their addition to the class Mineta will not exist) and I decided that the reader will have the power to drain life energy and use it for themselves as a power up and they can also store it for later use. Enjoy!

"Oh y/n, you look great! U.A. doesn't know what'll hit them," your mom told you encouragingly as you two stood in front of the only full length mirror in your apartment, "because once you're there the stakes will be raised tenfold!"

"Hmm I don't know it's a really elite school, I don't even know how I got in." you said modestly, even though you were honestly confused. Your quirk, energy drain, did not work on robots so you only relied on stored up energy for the entrance exam.

I must've gotten really high marks for my written exam...ugh I'm so nervous!

Your reflection looked extremely flustered and nervous, but your mom gave you a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder.

"Don't worry sweetie, you'll kick ass. Now let's go, I don't want you being late for your first day!"

"Alright! Let's do this!!"

...

Oh shit this was a mistake...I want to go home already, was your first thought as you stood in front of the huge front gate at U.A. High. It was intimidating as hell, and you could feel your stomach churning with nervousness. This was the famous school that countless pro heroes graduated from. This was the school that All Might graduated from.

Did you deserve to stand in the same place that they did? You gulped and decided to at least try your very best.

"My class is 1-A...1-A...first class homeroom...and then general heroics." you muttered to yourself, as you tried to navigate through the large crowded hallway. There were so many people! You knew that not all of them were in the hero course though, but they still intimidated you. You bumped into many people on the way to your classroom, which just served to further embarrass you.

"Excuse me...oh! Sorry, I'm sorry..." you apologized to people as you bumped into them and tore through the crowd. You looked up and could see the class 1-A sign in the middle of the hallway, and to you it looked like a shining beacon of hope. Finally I can get out of this cramped hallway!

You stumbled into the classroom, and even though you barely made it out of the hallway, you were still five minutes early to class.

Your eyes scanned the room and your new classmates. You saw an angry looking blonde yelling at a serious looking guy with glasses. A nervous looking guy with green hair was observing them carefully, obviously hoping that a fight wouldn't break out.

Your eyes fell on an empty seat, in front of a boy with red and white hair who also had a serious expression on his face.

You breathed out and made your way to the back of the classroom to sit down. You pulled your chair out, and gave a quick smile to the boy. "Hi I'm y/n l/n, nice to meet you."

"Hi, I'm Todoroki Shoto." he responded, with an aloof expression. He looked at you for a one more second, his piercing eyes boring into yours. You gulped and looked away, quickly taking your seat.

I wonder who our teacher's gonna be...

"If you're here to make friends you might as well leave now." a sleepy voice cut through the classroom chatter. A humanoid form wrapped in a yellow sleeping bag, rolled into the classroom, which almost made you jump out of your seat in surprise.