Tsuyu Asui x Reader: Caring

Tsuyu was requested and I'm so happy about that! There is just not much content on the girls, which makes me so sad. So I hope this is good! Since Tsuyu takes care of her little siblings, I think she would be a great caretaker for someone who is sick (so that's where I got this idea from). Enjoy!

The minute you woke up, you knew. Your body ached, your nose was runny, and your throat felt incredibly parched. You groaned and rubbed your nose a few times before going to get a tissue box.

You must've gotten sick because of your most recent outing with Tsuyu at your internship with Selkie. You all were out on the cold open sea doing standard patrol, when suddenly a storm starting developing. Seawater had slammed against the boat, completely drenching your clothes, and probably made you get sick.

Ugh! Damn ocean patrol!

You shuffled down the small hallway near your room, sniffling loudly as you did. Your mom side-eyed you, knowing full well what had happened. There was no way you could go to school today, so you decided to call Tsuyu and tell her the bad news.

You grabbed the old land line phone from the living room, and quickly dialed Tsuyu's number. Hopefully she wasn't at school already.

It rang a few times before she picked up, right as you started to cough uncontrollably. "H-Hello, y/n is that you?" you heard her ask, and you tried to suppress your coughs as much as you could.

"Y-Yeah--I--ugh! Achoo!!" you half-yelled and half-sneezed suddenly, and you could hear Tsuyu make a surprised ribbit sound. "I'm gonna be--ugh--absent today. I just called to let you know--o--o--achoo!"

"Oh, alright ribbit...I'll let Aizawa know. Are you going to be alright? I can come over after school."

"You don't have to, hang on I need a tissue box..."

"I can get you a tissue box too."

You went into your mom's room, and snatched her tissue box from off her nightstand as she observed you with a frown.

"You can what? Oh, I don't need a tissue box."

"Mmhmm." you mom hummed, raising an eyebrow at you, and motioning to the glass of water she had put on the table for you. You smiled weakly, and walked over to the small table.

"Alright y/n, I will still--oh I have to go class is starting ribbit. Call me if you need anything."

"I will, thanks." you said quietly as you sipped on your water. With that Tsuyu hung up and your mom gave you a soft pat on your head.

"I gotta go to work sweetie. I trust you won't burn the house down right?"

"N-No promises mom." you said, trying to not cough. She smiled at you, put on her shoes, and left.

Hmph, I thought missing a day of school would be more exciting, you thought as you looked around the empty house.

...

The first thing you did was drink an entire gallon of water and swallow down a small decongestant pill. Then you took a short nap, which made you feel slightly better. After that you crashed on the couch and surfed the internet, chuckling at the recent hero news.

"New up and coming hero gets his finger stuck in a fence. Endeavor is called to the scene. Pfft! I can't wait to be a hero."

Suddenly you heard a soft knock on the door. You got up from the couch with a groan, and shuffled to the door.

"Who is it?"

"Y/n? It's me ribbit!"

You smiled, and opened the door. Tsuyu burst in like a gust of wind, and closed in the space between you two. Her black eyes were filled with worry and concern, as she gripped your cold hand in hers.

"Are you ok y/n? How did you get sick?" she asked, as she let go of your hand for a moment to take off her shoes. You covered your mouth in the crook of your elbow, and blinked a few times.

"I think it was because of that storm, when we were on the boat."

"Oh yeah, that was a lot of fun. Well, until this." she said bluntly and you giggled at her words. The internship was a lot of fun and having her around just made it better. Getting sick would just be an inconvenient price to pay for such happiness. "I'll make you some soup. Did you also want some tea? Don't you have chamomile tea?"

"Yeah, it's in teabags inside that blue container." you said, as you sat down on the couch. You could here Tsuyu walk back and forth across the kitchen, and soon you heard the faint sound of her chopping some vegetables on one of your cutting boards.

You felt an immense rush of gratitude for her caring ways, and you knew you would have to repay her somehow.

I'll give her a smooch when I feel better, you thought, your face getting nice and warm at that idea.

In no time, you heard the soup boiling and you could smell the intoxicating aroma of it drifting through the house. It smelled chicken soup to you, and you heard Tsuyu walk into the living room.

She had two bowls in hand, and a smile on her face. She already had put a spoon in each of the bowls too. "Here you go ribbit." She handed you your bowl, and you smiled back.

"Thank you, you're really my hero Tsuyu." you remarked quietly as you waited for a bit for the soup to cool down. Her eyes widened and her cheeks became a nice rosy color.

"I-I'll get you your tea." she said, stammering a little bit. It seemed like she was hiding her embarrassment at your comment pretty well though.

She walked back into the kitchen and you smiled at her. Suddenly you heard another knock on the door, and your mom walked in.

"Oh my what's that lovely smell--Tsuyu! Ah I should have known. Y/n can't cook whatsoever." your mom said and you scoffed.

"I can hear you, you know." you said, before blowing your nose harshly into and overused tissue.

"I know." your mom replied curtly. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm feeling a lot better." you said with a grin.

Her eyes softened and she walked to the bathroom. "I'm beat, I'm going to take a shower. Tsuyu don't worry about the dishes, I'll do them."

"Alright, thank you." Tsuyu said, pouring your tea into a big green cup and walking it over to you. "It's hot, so be careful." she instructed, her tongue poking out of her mouth slightly.

How cute!

"Thanks...so what did I miss today?"

"Hmm..." she paused for a moment, tapping her finger against her chin as she thought about the day's events. "Well Kaminari cried a little bit because he stubbed his toe in the hallway. Uraraka threw up during rescue training. And Aizawa took a nap in the middle of class, but we were taking a test so it didn't really matter."

"Oh jeez, it sounded like an eventful day Tsuyu." you replied, sipping your tea gingerly. "Damn, this tea is so good! Did you add something to it?"

Besides your love for me?

"I just used the tea bags that you had."

"It never tastes this good when I make it though..."

"Well, I guess you can't really cook after all huh."

"......I take offense to that Tsuyu."

She smiled at you, and you pouted feigning hurt. She stayed with you until the sun set outside, and you made a vow to give her a big ol' kiss once you were feeling better. For now, her company was all you needed to feel better though.