Ojiro Mashirao x Reader: Trip!

Tail hero is here in oneshot form! I aged him and the reader up a tad so he's graduated from U.A. and is an established pro hero now. This is completely rushed and self-indulgent so I apologize! Enjoy!

"Y/n I have good news. Do you want to try and guess?"

"Hmm, you're the one who's going to cook dinner tonight?" you guessed, tapping your finger against your chin. Ojiro's shoulders slumped defeatedly, and he shook his head.

"U-Um try another guess."

"Ojiro I just woke up and it's so early. What's the good news?" you asked, yawning a bit as you poured yourself some much needed coffee. Ojiro smiled at you and winked.

"I have the day off. So, I want to take you on a much needed date."

You laughed, sipping the steaming coffee. "Of course that's alright with me. Is it going to be a fancy date or a casual date?"

"Well...casual I guess. But we have to drive there, and it's kind of a long drive too."

"Hmph, I see. You want it to be a surprise huh?" you said, smiling over at him as you put your mug down on the counter.

He nodded and said, "I hope you'll like it though. I know you usually don't like surprises."

"Nah I'm sure this'll be great!" You replied happily, already walking to the bedroom to get dressed for the day.

...

Ojiro usually liked to have a daily routine and he wasn't usually a "spur of the moment" kind of guy, but he always did enjoy short road trips especially on a nice summer day like today.

Admittedly you did get a little nervous when he kept asking you to look up simple directions and different maps on your phone, but you trusted his instincts when it came to traveling. "Ojiro, are we almost there yet?" you asked after the first hour of driving went by. Ojiro was making slow turns around the winding and incredibly small mountain road that you two had found yourselves on, and he looked tense.

The forest scenery around the road was breathtaking though, and you rolled down the car window to breath in the crisp mountain air.

"Ojiro, I asked if we are there yet?"

"Phew, sorry it's just been awhile since I've done mountain driving like this y/n. Yeah we'll be there soon...just a few more minutes." He said, reaching over and taking your hand in his with a smile on his bright face.

"Alright, sounds good to me."

After a few more minutes though you were nearly falling asleep in the car, your head resting in the groove of the seatbelt somewhat comfortably. You felt the car make a quick stop and finally park, tiny rock crunching against the car tires. You heard Ojiro get out quickly, and tap on your window.

"Y/n! We're here!"

You opened the door and stepped out, stretching out your arms and back. The sunlight felt incredibly warm against your body and you breathed out happily. Birds chirped in the tall trees, and you could faintly hear what sounded like a rushing river in the distance. 

"Alright, now what do we do sweetie?" you asked him, as you stood up straight. Ojiro hummed and pulled a piece of black fabric out of his pocket.

"Can you put this on to cover your eyes?" he asked and you raised an eyebrow.

"What is this? This is strange Ojiro..."

"I know I'm sorry, but where we're going has to be a surprise. Or else it won't be special!"

"Hmm, alright fine." you said and Ojiro gently tied the fabric around your eyes.

"Don't worry I'll lead you around." he said, and you felt his strong hands place themselves on your shoulders and slowly guide you forward. You laughed in spite of yourself as you were led down what seemed to be a dirt trail. 

"Ok y/n. Just a little bit more...ok we're here! Take off the blindfold!" Ojiro said, and you quickly untied the fabric. Your eyes immediately took in every aspect of your surroundings, which were all absolutely stunning.

A huge glimmering waterfall rushed into a large river that was filled with colorful green and grey rocks of all shapes and sizes. There were patches of sand lining the riverbank, almost like mini beaches. Farther away you could see a huge meadow filled with wild sunflowers taller than Ojiro! You practically ran towards the river, laughing loudly as you did.

"Oh Ojiro! It's beautiful!" you said, turning around to face your boyfriend. He had a goofy smile on his face, and he fidgeted with the neckline of his white t-shirt. He almost looked nervous for some reason.

"I know this might sound cheesy...but it's not as beautiful as you. Y/n...if you'll have me as your husband...I would want nothing more!" Ojiro cried out, getting down on the sand on one knee. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a small black box. Your eyes widened as he opened the box, revealing a shiny gold band. It was simple yet incredibly beautiful, you couldn't help but imagine what it would look like on your finger.

Your heart hammered in your chest and your mouth fell open in surprise, while Ojiro's eyes bored into yours.

"Ojiro..." you started, your voice coming out shakier than you had intended, "of course I'll marry you!!" you finally exclaimed, running forward and leaping into his arms joyfully giving him the tightest hug you could possibly muster.

He wrapped his arms around you, lifting you off the ground easily as he spun you around.

"I love you y/n! I love you so much!"

"You planned all this Mashirao! I love you more than you frickin' know!" you replied, trying to hold back tears of joy.

Ojiro hugged you tighter, until it felt like you both were the only people in the whole world.