Sero Hanta x Reader: Like Yesterday

He was requested just because he's so underrated so I was happy to oblige! For this oneshot, Sero and the reader will be third years and almost graduating from U.A. High. Enjoy! ^_^

The summer was approaching and it felt like everything had gone so fast. It felt like yesterday that you had first walked through the doors of U.A. High, determined to become the best hero that you could be once you graduated.

Now it was almost time to say goodbye to your beloved school. You had given this school everything you had but now you were going to be a pro-hero and you were so excited to start this new chapter in your life.

That didn't mean you weren't sad though. After all, U.A. was where you and Sero had met in first year.

You suspected he had a crush on you about a month after you met him and he confessed his feelings for you outside under the huge tree near the entrance of the school. Your first kiss with him was actually in the dorms, right outside your door.

It was a quick kiss, over before the both of you knew it, but you would cherish that memory forever.

Since then you and he had shared many kisses together, you had become older together, and you had improved together. To say that you were nervous about going out into the real world and keep your relationship intact was an understatement.

Every day you were worried that you both might grow apart just because of how hard it was keeping a relationship going when you were working as a hero. But Sero did his best to calm your fears.

"Earth to y/n...hey you look sad."

Sero tore you away from your thoughts and you stared at him dumbly. Right now you were in the U.A. library with him, helping him study for an English final. "I do? I don't feel sad...just nostalgic I guess. This'll be one of the last times we study for a final here. Isn't that crazy?"

Sero paused, fiddling with the pencil in his hand. "Yeah, I guess it is. But I'm kind of happy about that, English is kicking my butt." He grinned at you. "Although I always love studying with you. Cause you always kiss me at the end."

Your face grew warm and you hid it behind your hands. "I don't always do that."

"Ok." He said, still grinning like a fool. "So you're not sad?"

"No, I'm not. A-Aren't you kind of worried about...going out on your own? Being a pro-hero alone and making decisions alone?"

He stopped spinning his pencil and looked at you with a confused expression. "I won't be alone, I'll have you. Sure there will be times when we have to make split-second decisions alone but that's what we've been training for all this time. Plus you're a lot better under pressure than I am so I should probably be the one who's worried."

"Ha, I don't know." You replied with a light laugh. "You're right though. We won't always be alone."

Sero reached over and ruffled your hair, messing it up a little on one side. "Ah, Hanta! What are you doing?"

He smiled. "Nothing much, just messing with you. You always look really cute when your hair's messy."

"Hmph, but my hair is always messy." You said.

"Exactly." He replied. You looked at him and laughed, not even caring about the dirty looks you were getting from the other people sitting at tables near you. So what you were being too loud? You were really happy for the first time in a while.

"Alright, that was really smooth I have to give you that."

"Thanks, I've been waiting to use that line for a long time actually," Sero said, his hand dropping back to his side.

You propped yourself up by your hands on the desk and planted a kiss on his cheek. Sero blushed, a nice red color spread around his face and even the tips of his ears. "People are watching..."

"Sorry--"

"No, let them watch. We're third years, might as well live a little right?" He said, taking your hand in his and kissing the top of it. "Hey I was right, you do always end up kissing me."

"Hmph, I guess so. But that's ok, it's not like it's a punishment."

"Then do it again...properly this time," Sero said, pointing a finger to his soft lips. You raised an eyebrow at how blunt he was being.

"Sure." You said. When you leaned in for a kiss, his hands went to your face and cupped it gently like he was holding something precious to him. This might be your last stolen kiss at the U.A. library but it wouldn't be your last kiss ever.

It was time to look forward instead of looking back. The future might just be brighter than the past.