Kacchako: Respect

Another ship oneshot was requested!! I am seriously thinking that I should make a separate collection of My Hero Academia ships? Let me know in the comments if you all would like that ^_^ Enjoy!

A frail girl can't hold a candle to him.

He should go easy on her, I mean it's just not fair.

Man, I feel bad for her.

Uraraka tried not to think about all of the comments that she had heard after the Sports Festival. She tried to stay positive and cheerful, always marching forward towards her future with a smile. But every once in a while they would creep back into her mind, making her feel like she had made no progress at all, or that she would never be able to stand as an equal with the best of the best.

Getting accepted into U.A. had been an incredible experience, and landing an internship at Gunhead's agency was a huge step forward. So why did she always think back to the Sports Festival? Why did she always think about her fight with Bakugou?

"Aaah!!" she hollered as she swiftly kicked the hard punching bag. It creaked on the chain that it was hanging on, but it quickly stopped moving. "Not good enough..." she remarked before she continued kicking it, trying to summon as much strength as she could. Soon her legs became wobbly though, so she resorted to punching it until her knuckles started to bleed.

After it became too painful to hit it, she went back to kicking it forcefully, but precisely. 

"Oi, today was supposed to me day to train!" A deep voice interrupted her flurry of attacks and she stopped for a brief moment to address whoever it was. She turned her head, and her big brown eyes met Bakugou's angry red ones. Panting, she tried to weakly smile at him.

"Sorry, I j-just got a little carried away. It's all yours." Uraraka responded, wiping some sweat off of her forehead. Her clothes were nearly soaked with sweat too, but she still could probably keep training for a few more hours if she wanted to.

Bakugou looked at her, his hard and angry expression softening slightly as he noticed the state of her raw knuckles and knees. Uraraka walked away, going to get her water bottle and grey duffel bag from off the gym floor, her knees wobbling slightly as she walked.

"I'll see you tomorrow in class Bakugou--"

"What the hell's wrong with you?" Bakugou asked, his gruff voice cutting off Uraraka's tired one. Her eyebrows knitted together, unsure if he was asking her to insult her or to help her.

"W-What do you mean?" she asked the blonde a bit nervously. If he was going to throw in a quick insult, just make it snappy, because she wasn't really in the mood for hearing his angry words right now.

"I mean, you look like a crazy person! Why are you training like this? There's such a thing as overwork ya know. And you look like you're way past that!"

"I still have a few good punches in me. Don't worry about it." she replied, glad that he wasn't just insulting her harshly. But his concern definitely surprised her, considering his usually off-putting personality.

His red eyes narrowed, and he pulled his mouth together into a tight line, looking like he was thinking about something important. Uraraka decided to leave him in thought, as she picked up her stuff from off the floor, preparing to leave.

"Shit, why don't you want to take care of yourself?" he blurted out suddenly and she cocked her head to the side and gazed at him frowning.

"I do take care of myself! It's also none of your business what I do. I'll train how I want to, thank you very much." she said, her tone of voice starting to sound too defensive for her liking. Bakugou stood his ground though, never one to back down from a fight. It just wasn't in his nature.

"There has to be a limit Uraraka! Shit, even--even I have my limits."

"I need to go further! I need to surpass my limits, otherwise I'll never be able to stand tall and support my parents! I'll never be able to even beat you!!" she yelled at him, hot, stinging tears starting to form in her eyes. She rubbed at them furiously, trying to regain her composure. 

Bakugou looked away from her, letting her wipe her tears away without having him watch. After she was done, her gaze became less angry, and she just felt really tired and drained.

"I'm sorry, it's not like I wanna beat you up or anything. I was just talking about how things ended for me at the Sports Festival...I think back to that a lot actually."

"If you keep looking back at that fight, you'll never be able to look forward and improve! And it wasn't that shitty of a fight either. It was alright."

Uraraka processed his surprisingly wise words, and she felt a familiar heat rise in her chest. She felt pride for what he said and it felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of her. She could finally breathe again.

"T-Thank you Bakugou. I hope we can face off again in the next Sports Festival!" Uraraka said, her brown eyes widening with newfound determination. Her spirit was lifted and she felt more optimistic about the future now. And to think all it took were a few gruff words said by the Explosion Boy himself. Bakugou looked away from her, a dark red blush forming on his face, nearly matching his deep red eyes.

But her positivity was infectious and he couldn't help feeling a little excited at the thought of facing her again as an opponent. She was definitely worthy.

"Fuck yeah Uraraka!"