Denki Kaminari x Reader: Slumber

Being a pro hero must be really hard, and it probably impacts your sleeping schedule a lot but I think that's a goldmine for fluffy scenarios >:) For this request piece Kaminari and the reader will both be adults. Enjoy!

The minute you got home, you immediately threw off your dirty hero costume and made a beeline for the bedroom. You had told Kaminari that you would be home by ten at the latest, but it was now three in the morning and you felt incredibly guilty for being so late. He was always on time for you when he had to be, despite his busy schedule.

You walked into the bedroom, sneaking under the covers swiftly with the hope that he wouldn't wake up. "I'm here." you whispered to him as softly as you could.

"Hey there. How was work?" he responded almost immediately, his voice not even affected by sleep. Had he been awake this whole time waiting for you? The idea of him staying up that late for you made your heart flutter, but you still felt guilty about it.

You moved closer to him, allowing him to wrap an arm around your body while your head rested on his chest. "It was hectic. I'm just glad I'm home. I'm sorry for making you wait." you said, closing your eyes for a moment.

"I'm just glad you're safe. It's all fine if you're safe." Kaminari whispered to you. Peaceful silence fell over the room but unfortunately, as much as you were trying to go to sleep, you just couldn't. You shifted your body around a few times to try and get more comfortable but it was no use. Sleep was just evading you.

"Y/n...stop movin' around so much." Kaminari mumbled. "I can't sleep with that going on."

"Sorry, I can't sleep either..." you said with a frustrated sigh.

Kaminari mimicked your sigh, before his eyes widened as if he was struck with a wonderful idea. "Maybe this'll help then." He said as he planted a gentle kiss on top of your head then laughed softly. "Did it help? Are you sleepy now?"

"Nope...you should try again though. It might help me eventually." you replied. He nodded and kissed your forehead before moving down to your nose and cheeks. When he got to your lips, you were practically like putty in his hands. He gently pressed his lips against yours, moving ever so slowly.

He leaned away, his yellow eyes half-lidded and his lips curled in a playful grin. "How was that?"

"Better." you replied with a smile. "Much better." Kaminari nodded at that before closing his eyes to sleep. He nuzzled closer to you, a content smile on his lips and you quickly followed suit. Luckily you fell asleep right away this time.