Hawks x Reader: Sleepy Confessions

More Hawks is here! I love him so much and now we know even more about his quirk which is really awesome! He has also been highly requested which makes me very happy ^_^ Anyway here's some fluff, enjoy!

Your mind was still groggy from sleep but you could feel Hawks's feathers ghost across your skin until his entire right wing was covering your back like a blanket. With a soft sigh, you cracked open one eye and looked at the clock on the nightstand near the bed.

"Two ten...too early..." you muttered, closing your eye and moving your body closer to Hawks. You turned slightly so you were facing him. He was fast asleep on his stomach so that he wouldn't have to sleep on his wings, and for a moment you completely forgot about going to sleep. Instead you took this time to study his face.

His thick eyelashes stood out even in the dark and his usual aloof smile that you adored was gone. His lips were parted slightly and his nose crinkled every now and then as he dreamed away. "Oh Hawks," you whispered, "I'm really in love with you..."

You closed your eyes and gave in to sleep, but the same couldn't really be said about your winged partner.

...

After a few minutes of just lying in bed you willed yourself to get up and make a quick breakfast so you could get to work on time. Hawks had offered you a job at his hero agency but you thought that was nepotistic so you had declined. Unfortunately you had a much longer commute than him (plus he could always fly) so you had to get up earlier.

But today Hawks beat you to it. He wasn't sleeping in the bed and you could hear movement in the kitchen. You walked over and was greeted by Hawks and his extreme bedhead.

"Hawks? Why're you awake so early?" you asked groggily. You went to the cupboard to get out a mug for your coffee but Hawks quickly stopped you by grabbing your wrist. "Hawks?"

"I made you coffee already," he said peering over at the plate of food and your mug over on the counter, "I just wanted to do something nice for you." He grinned and lightly kissed your forehead. He handed you your mug, his grin still tugging at the corners of his lips. You took a careful sip of the hot coffee.

"Aw Hawks, this is really nice...thanks--"

"I think I'm really in love with you too...in case you're wondering." Hawks blurted out nonchalantly like he was discussing the weather. You felt the blood drain from your face and you nearly lost your grip on the mug handle.

"I-I thought you were asleep when I said that...were you faking?"

"Eh, who's to say y/n? Maybe I wasn't...maybe I was." Hawks replied with a smirk. You narrowed your eyes and took a step closer to him.

"I think you were awake Hawks. I-I don't really want to joke about this either...I really do like you a lot. Damn I didn't think it would come out like this!"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought it would be more romantic I guess? I mean it just kind of slipped out and I was tired and you look really cute when you're sleeping and--"

In a flash Hawks's lips crashed into yours and his calloused hands tangled themselves in your hair. You took a few steps back, but Hawks kept your lips connected as he moved with you. He mumbled your name against your lips before he deepened the kiss.

"Don't talk..." you mumbled, losing yourself in his touch. After a few seconds passed, he stepped back leaving you utterly breathless.

"Can I talk now?" he asked with a sly grin. You rolled your eyes at him, but nodded. "Great! I love you y/n! It doesn't matter to me if it just slipped out accidentally for you...I love you and that's not going to change no matter how I say it. Got that?"

"Y-Yeah I got it." you said almost in a whisper, already missing the feeling of his lips on yours. "Now that our love is established can we continue what we were doing?"

"Pfft, so formal y/n," Hawks said jokingly, already closing the small space between you two. "but I'll definitely take you up on your request."

With that he re-connected his lips with yours, and you shuddered against him slightly. You wished you two could stay like this forever, enjoying a lazy morning filled with heated kisses and breathy whispers together.