Denki Kaminari x Reader: Duet

This will be a male!reader and Kaminari so I hope it's good! I usually write gender neutral so this was a bit different for me but I have written male!reader before so whatever. Not too happy with the ending so I might revise this later. Enjoy!

Whenever Kaminari played the guitar for you, you always found yourself becoming entranced by him. The way his slender fingers moved, how his eyebrows knitted together slightly in concentration, and how soft his singing voice was. It made you fall in love with him all over again.

He had tried to write sappy love songs for you but he rarely sang them to you because he claimed they were 'too bad' which you found hard to believe.

"I can accompany you babe. My voice is a bit lower than yours so it might sound nice." You suggested to him one day, making him splutter in surprise. He grabbed both of your hands and pulled you close to him until your faces were just inches apart. You blushed and averted your eyes away from his intense yellow ones, but Kaminari wasn't having it.

"Look at me babe."

"O-Ok." Your eyes met his, and he flashed a cute grin at you.

"I love you so much, it would mean the world the literal world to me if you sang with me! Are you ready now?" He asked, the excitement evident in his voice. If you weren't so nervous about singing in front of your boyfriend you would've kissed him right then and there but you restrained yourself.

"A-Alright, what do you want to sing?"

"Despacito!" Kaminari said before laughing uncontrollably at his own wit. You tried to contain your own laughter, and you hit his shoulder playfully.

"C'mon what do you really want to sing? A song that you've always wanted to sing but you just never had the perfect boyfriend to sing it with. But now you do." you said with a toothy smile.

"Aw, well we can warm up with an easy song. What about that Paramore song I think it's called The Only Exception?" He said.

"Yeah I like that song." you said. 

You two walked into the music room that you two had built together and you sighed contentedly as you looked around the room. Electric and acoustic guitars hung on the walls and a large black piano took up the corner near the window. Shelves of sheet music and CD's lined the other walls and you took a seat on the piano bench while Kaminari sat on a leather bar stool next to you, guitar already in hand.

He put the music sheet for the song on the piano and you looked it over nervously. Kaminari tuned up his guitar and looked down at you. "You alright y/n?"

"Y-Yeah, I just haven't sung anything in a while since I've been practicing the piano more." you said, your fingers drifting over the white and black keys and Kaminari hummed.

"I have an idea that might make you feel better."

"What?" you asked him.

"You play the piano and I can sing, that way it won't be as nerve wracking for you. Is that an alright idea?" He said with a grin, already putting his guitar back on the wall. You nodded, glad that you could accompany him instead.

"Yeah, I can just play the chords." you said, with a smile. You placed your fingers over the keys and looked over the music. You tried a few chords, the notes sounding loud and clear in your ears. Kaminari watched you warm up with a smile on his face, but you pretended not to notice his eyes on you. You gave him the thumbs up to start singing and he nodded.

"When I was younger my daddy cry, and curse at the wind...he broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it." Kaminari sang, his voice sweet and clear. You played the matching chords and soon you two were completely synchronized.  "And my momma swore that she would never let herself forget, and that was the day that I promised I'd never sing of love...if it does not exist, but darlin' you are, the only exception. You are, the only exception..."

You broke into a smile as he kept on singing, but you tried to focus on your piano playing as much as you could even though you just wanted to kiss him so badly right now. He stopped singing after the chorus and sighed like he was frustrated. You stopped playing and gazed at him.

"Something wrong?" you asked him and he shook his head.

"Nothing's wrong, I just really want to kiss you right now. This song's so romantic." He said, his yellow eyes moving to look at your fingers that were still hanging over the piano keys.

"You...practically read my mind my love." you whispered breathlessly. In a flash you were standing up and closing the distance between you two. Your lips crashed into his, and you threw your arms around his neck. He kissed you back and his hands traveled from your hair, down to your back, and finally resting on the sides of your stomach.

"Mmph...y/n, I love you." he said, moving his lips in perfect harmony with yours. Your hands softly gripped his soft yellow hair and you sighed when you moved your lips away.

"Love you too." you replied tenderly, and his beautiful golden eyes gazed at you with pure adoration. "Kiss me again."

"Of course." he said happily obliging. He kissed your lips sweetly and it felt like time itself had stopped around you two. Nothing in the entire world could compare to this feeling, it was too lovely for words.