Sero Hanta x Reader: Snowy Day

Sero was requested and you all know how much I love side characters and underappreciated characters! (I love them so much) ^_^ Enjoy! 

As the snow slowly fell outside, you wondered if you would be able to walk to school safely today. There was already at least five inches of snow on the ground, which was rare for this part of the city, and the only snow boots you owned were at least two sizes too small for you.

Nevertheless, you hadn't gotten a cancellation notification from U.A. so you assumed that school was still in session. You sighed as you trudged around the house, trying to find your warmest coat. Your eyes fell on a simple light blue coat that had huge dark blue pockets in the front. It looked like an 80's nightmare, but it was all you had.

"I'm leaving now dad. You don't have to give me a ride to school or anything..." you said, your hand resting on the doorknob, hoping that he would offer to drive you to school.

"Alright, be safe out there. It's snowing a lot." he replied from the living room, not even looking up from the book he was reading.

Damn it...

You had decided to wear your red rain boots, that you never really wore until now. You walked on the sidewalk carefully, not wanting to slip on the thin layer of ice that had formed on the ground. You breathed out, your breath coming out in white wisps that drifted off in the cold wind.

Sero's house was nearby, and you wondered if he had an extra scarf you could borrow. You rubbed your hands together, trying to warm them up as you approached Sero's plain looking house.

You heard the front door open, and Sero came bounding out, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Hey y/n, it's beautiful out huh?"

"Yeah, real beautiful." you replied dryly, shoving your cold hands in your coat pockets. He laughed and looked at you up and down.

"That's a real nice coat y/n. But I'm a little confused about the...rain boots?"

You huffed, and narrowed your eyes. He looked like he was ready to hike Mount Everest, his getup was so intense. He had on at least two black scarves that bunched up around his neck, puffy black gloves, a white and black winter coat, and black lace up snow boots to match. He also had on a bright yellow beanie, that looked especially comfortable.

"I just don't own a lot of winter gear, it's not that big a deal. U.A. isn't that far from here anyway."

"At least take this..." he said, unraveling his scarves from his neck and taking one off. He edged closer to you, as he gingerly wrapped it around your neck. It felt impossibly warm, or maybe it was just you reacting to how close he was.

His gloved hands brushed your neck, as he finished tying the black scarf. You blushed, and instantly felt grateful that it was cold out so your blush might not be as noticeable to him. Maybe.

"T-Thank you Sero." You said quietly, pressing your bare hand against the warm soft scarf.

He grinned widely at you and started trudging through the snow.

"If you walk behind me, then you can walk in my footsteps so snow won't get into your rain boots." He said looking back at you with a smirk.

"Alright, let's go."

Sero's strides were long and purposeful and you struggled to keep up. The only sound was the snow crunching underneath you and Sero's feet, and the cold breeze that ruffled the tree branches overhead.

One particularly strong gust of wind blew by, and shook some snow off of a tree branch that was right above you. You gasped out loud as snow fell on your head and ran down your neck. You brushed most of it off of your hair, but it still made your hair damp and cold.