Mirio Togata x Reader: Support

I've gone this whole time and I realized that I only wrote one chapter on Mirio?? Like what? :0 Anyway, for this oneshot the reader will have a quirk that allows them to create and control miniature black holes (kind of like the junior version of 13). All in all it's a very dangerous quirk, and it's very hard to control. Enjoy!

You breathed in and out slowly, trying to stabilize your breathing as best as you could. Your eyes narrowed as you stared down the green potted plant that you had placed a few feet in front of you on the gym floor. With shaking hands, you concentrated all of your power into one motive. Create a medium sized black hole, control it, and make it destroy the potted plant in front of you.

The end result should definitely boost your confidence in your quirk right? Yes, training during summer break was one of the best ideas you've ever had, and it should help you improve. Right?

Slowly you extended your arms out in front of you, palms facing forward as a small black dot began to appear in front of your hands. The dot grew into a tiny spiraling, twisting black hole no bigger than a tennis ball. You furrowed your brow, as your stomach churned with nervousness.

This requires intense control y/n, you've never tried to make a medium sized black hole before...just concentrate...it's alright you've got this. Just concentrate!

"HEY Y/N DID YOU WANNA GO GET RAMEN! TAMAKI GAVE ME A COUPON!!" Mirio asked/yelled at you as he busted in through the large gym door loudly, his face wearing it's signature pearly white smile.

"AAAAAHHH!" you shrieked in surprise. Luckily, you were able to completely disable your quirk and destroy the small black hole before you could lose control of it. "M-MIRIO! WHAT THE HECK!?" you yelled, your heart pounding in your chest.

Mirio flinched back, his dark blue eyes traveling from you, to the plant, then back to you. "Whoopsie, I didn't know you were training y/n. Sorry!" he apologized sticking his tongue out in such a cartoony way, that you couldn't help but smile and chuckle. What else would I be doing here sunshine?

"It's alright--let's go get that ramen!"

...

After you two ate, Mirio wanted to walk around the Kiyashi Shopping Mall for a little while before you had to go home. You agreed on only one condition: if you could buy ice cream at the "world-famous" ice cream stand in the food court.

"You know I've never actually eaten at the 'world famous' ice cream stand before." Mirio said, squeezing your hand gently as you two walked through the crowded mall.

"Then you haven't truly lived my friend. It's seriously the best!" you exclaimed. "On a more serious note though, did you hear about the villain attack in this very mall? It happened a few days ago actually."

"I saw it on the news. They're still at large though darn it!" Mirio said, his eyebrows furrowing a little bit in frustration. You nudged him with your elbow and smiled at him, trying to cheer him up.

"Don't worry sunshine. We'll get 'em for sure. I'm ninety-percent sure." you told him, leaning over and quickly pecking his warm, soft cheek. He laughed, his bright smile immediately returning to his face.

"So, y/n, are you going to be training at U.A. everyday?" he asked you and you rubbed the back of your neck sheepishly.

"Yeah, I don't know. I know it's summer break and everything, but I could really use the practice Mirio."

"Ya' know I can always help you train if you want." he said, his blue eyes shining brightly. Even though you knew he was just being nice, you felt somewhat put-off by the offer.

"No it's alright, you don't--"

"It could be really fun! And then we could become like a tag team, we could be totally in sync with each other you know? Ah, that'd be so cool y/n."

"Mirio--"

"We should probably start with basic training though and build you up. How's your hand to hand combat skills?"

"Well I--"

"Aww who am I kidding? I'm sure you're great! We could probably just start with quirk training then y/n--"

"Mirio! I don't want to train with anyone ok!" you blurted out, loosening your grip on his hand and pulling away with a huff of frustration.

Mirio's mouth fell open in surprise. He was obviously taken aback by your sudden outburst.

"Y/n...what's wrong?" He asked you quietly. You turned away from him, and started walking towards a nearby bench that was near some fake plants.

You groaned as you sat down, trying to find the right words to say to him. Mirio sat down right next to you, concern showing in his eyes. You breathed out. "Mirio, you're amazing. You're incredible, and you progressed so fast. You changed right before my eyes and it was damn intimidating."

He nodded while you talked, urging you to continue. "But even though you are so gifted, I can't just lose to you that easily. My quirk--it's a scary power, and if something went wrong when I was training, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt. So I think it's best if I do this alone."

"No! You can't build yourself up on your own y/n. I-I know I'm not the smartest guy around, but even I can see how life...it just doesn't work that way."

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt...especially you--"

"I'm glad that you care about people getting caught in the crossfire, but I've seen you. I've seen your determination and skill. I mean remember when you couldn't even create a tiny black hole for more than two seconds at a time?"

"Ha, yeah that was so frustrating..."

"And now look at you. You can create tiny black holes that last for more than twenty minutes now. And you can create more than one at a time!" he said, smiling softly at you. "I mean you think I'm intimidating? You're a force to be reckoned with y/n."

"Aww, thank you so much Mirio." you told him, blushing. "I still want to train alone though. Just for a little while longer ok? Then we can be a tag team!"

"That's fine y/n. I'll always be here to help, because I really really like you." he said. Suddenly he leaned over, gently turning your face by the chin, and pressing his lips against yours. Before you could respond, he pulled away the tips of his ears were beginning to redden. He smiled closing his eyes with happiness.

"I really really like you too." you said smiling back at him.

"C'mon y/n, we should get going before the ice cream stand runs out of sweets!" he said shooting up from the metal bench and offering his hand to you again. You took it happily, excited to be able to spend the rest of the afternoon (and the whole summer) with someone as amazing as him.