Tsuyu Asui x Reader: Honesty

Tsuyu was requested yay!! I like writing oneshots for the girls, so this was really fun to do. After this I have some Part 2 things in my drafts (for Aizawa and Bakugou) so keep an eye out for those. For this oneshot, the reader will have a quirk that allows them to manipulate emotions (but the emotions have to already exist within the person). Their quirk isn't that important to the story though.Enjoy!

"Alright y/n, what am I feeling now?"

"It doesn't work like that Kaminari, I haven't even activated my quirk..."

"Ok do you have it activated now??"

"...Yeah."

"What am I feeling??"

"Hmm...stupidity, and the never ending feeling that you will never be good enough."

"...I don't think I like your quirk y/n."

"They didn't activate their quirk Kaminari, their eyes turn a dull white when they are using it. Sorry." Tsuyu said, interrupting you and Kaminari. She sat down in her chair in front of you and smiled.

"But that doesn't mean they were incorrect, ribbit."

You burst out laughing as Kaminari's face fell. He walked away in shame, and you kept on laughing to yourself at Tsuyu's joke. You didn't notice Tsuyu blushing faintly as she looked over at you. You kept on smirking even after class was over.

...

You and Tsuyu both lived near each other, so you two decided to journey home together on Friday. It was the first time you didn't have any homework, so a leisurely walk sounded great to you.  It was really nice outside, perfect weather for walking around without care in the world. You both made small talk as you walked, enjoying the sunshine.

"It's supposed to rain y/n. Did you bring an umbrella?" Tsuyu asked you, her huge eyes gazing at you. 

"What!? No way. The forecast I saw said it was supposed to be sunny all day." you argued and she smiled at you softly. "How much you want to bet it won't rain Tsuyu?"

Just as you said that you felt the tiniest drop of water fall on your head. Tsuyu kept on smiling as she said, "I guess I'll bet...9000 yen."

"N-no! Nevermind I--it--ugh!"

What started off as a slight sprinkle soon turned into a downpour like you and Tsuyu had never seen. Wind whipped the rain across your faces, as you both tried to weather through the storm. Tsuyu decided it wasn't worth it, she didn't want you getting sick, so you two took cover in a nearby cafe.

The cafe was extremely warm and quaint with dark wood floors that reflected the cafe's soft lighting beautifully. It was empty except for the barista behind the counter. The only sound that could be heard was the rain hitting the large windows violently.

"It's really coming down Tsuyu! I can't believe this." you complained as you walked over to the barista and bought a small bottle of water. When Tsuyu didn't respond to you, you looked over and saw her staring intently at the rain through the window. "But I guess you love the rain huh..." you said under your breath, grabbing your water and joining her at the table near the window.

"Y/n, it's really beautiful isn't it." Tsuyu said, tipping her pointer finger against her mouth as she kept on admiring the storm. "It's so relaxing, ribbit."

You looked out the window, and scrutinized the storm. It was calming down little by little and there were deep puddles everywhere. It might be relaxing now, but it would be a real pain to walk home.

But if Tsuyu liked the rain so much, you decided you shouldn't hold her back. "Wanna go outside? It might be better experiencing it out there than in here." you said, getting up and holding your hand out to her. Her cheeks became red, as she took your hand and let you lead her outside into the rain.

 The wind gusts had subsided, and the rain was now just a gentle drizzle. Water was still rushing into the gutters on the sides of the road, like tiny rivers. Tsuyu stuck her hand out, rain droplets hitting her skin gently. She was still holding your hand tightly, and despite how brisk it was, you could feel warmth spread throughout your face.

You never imagined it would feel this nice holding her hand. You were about to say something before Tsuyu spoke up suddenly.

"I like holding your hand y/n. Let's do this all the time ribbit." she said bluntly and honestly. Your heart leaped and you hoped your hands didn't just become clammy.

"I l-like holding your hand too Tsuyu." you said. Hmm maybe I should try and be blunt like her...

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" There was a slight pause, before you felt her suddenly squeeze your hand tightly. You glanced over at her afraid to see her reaction. Please don't be crying, please don't be crying, please don't be crying!

To your surprise though, she wasn't crying. She didn't look sad or distraught either. In fact...was she actually croaking??

Her cheeks were also tinted a rosy pink, and she was smiling widely. She seemed to be completely content in that moment, so you just waited patiently for a response. Her hand is so soft! Ugh, is this awkward? No it's fine, everything's fi--

"Of course I'll go on a date with you y/n."

"Huh?"

"I said 'of course I'll go on a date with you y/n'." she repeated, a little louder this time just to make sure you would hear her. You gasped for air weakly, not realizing you had been holding your breath in wait this whole time. 

"UHM! Alright! Thank you!! Where do you want to go?" you asked letting go of her hand as you began to wave yours around in excitement. You were in shock that she had said yes, but you were also filled with giddy happiness.

"What about the waterpark? I hear there's a frog themed ice cream stand there." she said, tapping her finger against her mouth.

"Yeah that sounds fun! And then we could go to the beach afterwards, we'll have a water filled day Tsuyu."

"Ribbit!" she said grabbing hold of both your hands. You jumped slightly, and smiled.

"Yay!"

Walking home with Tsuyu that day, might not have been what you were expecting, but it definitely wasn't a pain because of the rain. In fact, as you both walked away from the cafe, hand in hand, you splashed in every puddle that you could find.