Kacchako: Ignited Fire

This is my second ship oneshot yaaay!! Kacchako was requested a while ago, and I honestly love pairings with height differences and mutual respect (also this Horikoshi sketch is just really cool). I aged them up a little bit, so they are both graduated and are new up and coming pro heroes. I'm also trying something new by having little snapshots of their lives in different sections (like oneshots within a oneshot). Enjoy!

"Ground Zero, I've lost sight of you! Where are you!?" Uraraka yelled hoarsely into the small communicator in her ear. Smoke billowed around her making her eyes water. Dust and dirt clung to her hair, and coated the large warehouse-like room she was in.

 All she remembered was Bakugou yelling at the group of four villains, and setting off a giant explosion right in the center of the warehouse. Thankfully she immediately heard Bakugou's voice coming through the earpiece.

"I'm chasing this fucker on the second floor--where--I need--shit--" muffled grunting and fighting could be heard, making Uraraka worry.

"Ground Zero you're cutting off, I'm going to the second floor!" Uraraka said swiftly running up the concrete stairs. This was definitely not an ideal fighting situation for her, there was nothing to control in the warehouse, and she didn't have enough time to go around picking up rocks.

Uraraka swung open the large metal door at the end of the stairs. "Put your hands where I can see them! I'm a pro hero!" she yelled, her loud voice echoing throughout the large room. The large empty room.

"Huh?" Uraraka swept her eyes over the room, but no one was there. Her heart dropped, and her blood ran cold. "G-Ground Zero, do you copy? Where are y-you?"

She only heard static.

Maybe they moved to another floor? Uraraka thought as she tried to keep a level head. As she walked around the room, she heard a slight crunching sound under her foot. She lifted her foot slightly and gasped. Bakugou's earpiece!

Suddenly she heard a faint booming sound coming from overhead. They must be on the roof! "Alright then, let's do this!" she yelled, as she sprinted straight towards one of the large windows in the room.

She crashed through it, glass shattering all around her. Immediately she pressed her finger pads together activating her quirk. She floated up to the roof of the three story building as quickly as she could. She caught sight of Bakugou who was taking all of the fire from the villains, but he didn't too heavily seemed injured.

"Ground Zero!"

"It's about time Uravity! C'mon let's finish this dammit!" 

    ...

After the fight Uraraka was still hopped up on adrenaline. She leaned her back against the cold concrete wall on the outside of the warehouse and closed her eyes, trying to slow down her hammering heart.

"Oi Uraraka, you're bleeding everywhere." Bakugou said interrupting her small meditation. She furrowed her brows and pouted.

"Really? I don't feel anything though--"

"Shit, here lemme clean it." Bakugou said, whipping out a clean cloth from his pocket. He leaned in close, gently pressing and dabbing around a particularly grisly cut on her scalp.

"Ow! Darn it. That must've happened when I jumped through the window."

"You jumped through one of those huge windows!?"

Uraraka smiled at his reaction. "Of course. We're a team and you needed me. It was a lot quicker than using the stairs anyway."