Shinsou Hitoshi x Reader: Conversation

Here comes another underappreciated character for you all! This oneshot is kind of based on the fact that Shinsou likes cats so there's that. Also for this oneshot the reader will have a quirk that allows them to heat up their hands so they can melt anything they touch. Enjoy!

I'm freaking tired and the week's barely started! 

You were walking home after a long day at U.A. high, your sore legs burning with every step you took. Well, you shouldn't complain. No one ever said that the hero course at U.A. was easy.

As you walked, dry yellow and orange leaves crunched underneath your feet and a gentle breeze blew past you, rustling your hair slightly. Fall was in full swing, and you couldn't be happier. You kicked up some leaves as you walked, and smiled to yourself.

As you rounded the corner, you suddenly heard faint whispering. You stopped in your tracks, straining your ears to try and hear what they were saying.

"...Cute...you're so cute...where'd you come from? Aww."

Ugh, it sounds like they're trying to hook up with someone or whatever. Maybe I should just cross the street.

In the end you decided to just keep walking forward, and ignore whoever was there for your own sake. But as you rounded the corner, you only saw one guy standing there his hand outstretched as he petted a fluffy black and white cat that was standing on top of a concrete wall. The cat meowed quietly, and pushed its face into the boy's hand, and you chuckled at the adorable sight.

The boy turned, hearing your soft chuckling. His bright violet hair was slightly tousled by the breeze, and his crisp U.A. uniform contrasted his tired appearance. You immediately recognized him. You smiled widely saying, "Hey Shinsou, I didn't know you liked cats."

His tired-looking eyes widened for a moment before he gained his composure. "You're in class 1-A right? Sorry I don't remember--"

"My name's y/n l/n! No worries, I didn't transfer to U.A. until after the sports festival. I really regret that actually haha." you said, rubbing the back of your neck sheepishly. You tapped your foot against the sidewalk a few times before continuing. "Midoriya and Ojiro talked to me about you. You really have an amazing quirk. Wish I had it, darn it."

"Huh, yeah it's an alright quirk. But don't you think it's scary, like it's suited for a villain or something?" he asked you as he continued to pet the cat. You wondered if he had had to justify the greatness of his quirk to others before. It seemed to be a vulnerable issue for him.

"What? No, it's a super cool quirk Shinsou. I mean, if you wanna talk about scary quirks, let's talk about mine."

"What's your quirk?" He asked you, curiosity in his voice.

"Well, basically my hands can get super hot which can let me melt metal and stuff. My hands can get burned after using it for too long." You explained to him. He stopped petting the cat and smirked at you.

"That doesn't sound too dangerous to me y/n."

"Hmph, you know that no one has ever wanted to hold my hand? Even my friends flinch back whenever I touch them, just in case...but I'm used to it now. I wouldn't want to get melted either." you said, chuckling a little bit at your sad story.

"I'm sorry y/n. You don't deserve that." he said turning his head to look directly at you for the first time.

"I...no one's ever told me that. T-Thank you." you replied almost in a whisper. His purple eyes gazed at you for one more moment, before turning their attention back to the purring cat. "Shinsou--"

"Yeah?"

"You don't deserve being looked at like a villain either. I think you'd be a great hero, and I hope one day we can be classmates!" you said, your loud voice piercing through the silent neighborhood like a sword. Shinsou's eyes widened and he gaped at you, his hands falling to his sides. The cat gazed at both you and Shinsou, as if it was assessing the situation.

"You...you really think so?" he asked you softly, his mouth pressed into a thin line as he waited for your response.

"Yes, of course I do." you replied, before smiling at him widely, trying to show your support. The cat jumped off the wall and began to rub against your legs happily. You reached down and petted its incredibly soft black and white fur.

Shinsou looked at you and uttered a quiet thank you before looking up at the sky aimlessly. The cat soon lost interest in your petting style, and gracefully walked up to Shinsou instead, meowing all the while.

You chuckled at the feline's rejection of you. Shinsou squatted down, rubbing the cats back as it purred loudly at the gentle touch.

"I've always loved how cats purr, it's so cool." Shinsou said smiling a little bit. He seemed to be growing more comfortable with talking to you now.

"Did you know that when cats nibble at you when you're petting them, it can sometimes mean that they really like you. It's sometimes a sign of affection." you explained, squatting down next to him. You could see Shinsou get a little red because of the lack of space between you two, but he didn't move.

"Huh, well...that makes cats even cooler in my opinion." he replied. "I mean they're so cool...they're so cool that they don't even have a concept of time."

"Hm, but don't all animals--"

"Nope." he immediately said, and you burst out laughing. 

You never knew that such a stoic looking guy could be so humble and down to earth. Shinsou smiled softly at you while he let your laughing fit subside. 

After a bit you sighed, caught your breath, and stood up. You didn't want to leave yet but you didn't want to worry your parents with your absence.

"Oh. Do you have to go now?" Shinsou asked you, getting up from his crouched position on the ground. The cat looked displeased about him moving.

"Yeah, I just don't want my parents to start worrying about me you know?"

"Of course...hey, um, before you go...did want to train with me sometime?" he asked you, his voice becoming unsure, like he was already expecting rejection.

Instead you felt elated. He wanted to train with you? You had never seriously trained with someone before, and the thought of it made your heart race with excitement. This could be a major step for you to get even closer to your dream of being a hero!

"I'd love to train with you!!" you exclaimed, leaning closer to him with a wide smile on your face. "It's gonna be so awesome, um, did you want me to bring anything or did you just want to do like strength training or--"

"No, no you don't have to go all out or anything. Just like a weekly training day or something." Shinsou replied, his eyes getting wider as he looked at you.

"Cool, yeah that sounds great!" you said to him as you began to walk away. "I'll see you at school tomorrow Shinsou. And I'm not gonna go easy on you when we train either!" you shouted as you waved goodbye to him.

He ran a hand through his purple hair and smirked at you devilishly. "I wouldn't want you to y/n...see you tomorrow."

...

"Oh, someone looks happy! Did you make a new friend or something?" your mom asked you when you finally got home. The whole walk home you just couldn't stop smiling, you were that happy. Your mom gazed at you curiously, waiting for your response.

"Yeah, I guess I did. Damn, U.A. is really cool!"