Katsuki Bakugou x Reader: Training (Part 1)

Be warned for typical Bakugou language...poor angry child. Sorry if this is ooc too...hehehe I tried. Also, for this oneshot the reader has a water manipulation quirk (so it's the opposite of Bakugou's). Enjoy!

Your breath was becoming ragged and your knees were shaking. You felt beads of sweat roll down the sides of your face as your vision started to fade. You were in the U.A. gymnasium sparring off against arguably the strongest person in your class, Katsuki Bakugou. You were the one who suggested that this sparring match was a good idea, considering you two had completely opposite quirks. 

But now that the match was happening, you couldn't help but regret your idea just a little bit. It seemed like no matter how much water you could pull out of the air he always countered it with a huge explosion, that would reduce your attacks to steam.

He definitely wasn't holding anything back that was for sure. You never expected him to though. You exhaled and took a few timid steps forward before ignoring your shaking legs and running towards Bakugou.

"Oi you bastard! I guess you're still alive after all!!" Bakugou yelled at you as he took his own running start toward you (accompanied by his explosions, of course). "Then let's keep fightin' y/n!"

Woah he called me by my name...he never does that! 

Despite your surprise, you tried to just focus on the fight.

You summoned a large amount of water around your arms and upper body to act as a shield. You were too exhausted to be able to control a full body water shield. Oh man, I hope this works! you thought to yourself as you ran closer to Bakugou.

"These simple attacks won't work on me you bastard! ARE YOU UNDERESTIMATING ME HUH?!" Bakugou bellowed as you two finally collided in a flurry of fire, water, and smoke. You felt your water shield being evaporated just as your fist connected with Bakugou's face. Unfortunately, Bakugou's explosions reached your legs, burning your pants and skin. Bakugou stumbled back from the impact of your hit and you collapsed on the ground. You were filled with so much adrenaline from the fight that you barely felt the burns on your legs or the aching in your tired lungs.

Coughing you sat up slowly and caught a glimpse of Bakugou. His nose was bleeding slightly and his crimson eyes were wide and scary looking. But he looked surprised like he was proud of you or something.

You wheezed more violently than before and you began to feel the burning pain in your legs.

"B-bakugou I'm sorry...I think I've...reached my limit," you spluttered out before you closed your eyes and your whole body began to sink back to the ground. But you never hit the ground.

Instead, you felt strong arms hoist you up and start to carry you bridal style. In spite of the exhaustion, your eyes fluttered open and were greeted with Bakugou's chest extremely close to you. You felt your face immediately grow warm with the lack of distance between you two.

"Bakugou...what do you think you're doing?" you asked him as you two started walking out of the gymnasium. Even if it was embarrassing to be carried like this, you felt grateful that you didn't have to walk.

"Duh shitface, I'm taking you to Recovery Girl," he said eloquently. "You managed to get a solid hit on me so that must count for some shit!" he explained as he avoided eye contact.

"Awww was that a compliment I hear?" you asked him, trying not to wheeze this time.

"AS IF I WOULD COMPLIMENT YOU! SHITTY Y/N!" he yelled at you (almost killing your eardrums in the process). You chuckled and closed your eyes again, as the fatigue finally took over.

...

Once you woke up, your eyes were met with the harsh white light of Recovery Girl's nurse office. You groaned and rolled onto your side, but you noticed that the burning pain was gone and was replaced with dull soreness. The door opened as Recovery Girl walked in and greeted you with a stern look on her face.

"Y/n you need to be more careful," she said, "your quirk takes a lot of concentration and energy...you really overdid for this match. I healed your legs but you should probably rest here for a bit longer."

"Thank you so much Recovery Girl! I'll be more careful next time I promise," you said half-heartedly.

You rolled onto your back just as the door opened at lightning speed. Startled, you sat up and prepared to greet whoever it was. Maybe Uraraka got me some food, you thought to yourself and you immediately got excited.

Instead, Bakugou stomped into the room loudly and glared at you. You gulped and wrung your hands together. You thought maybe Bakugou was mad at you for punching him and he was here for payback. Even though he did worse to you.

"H-hey Bakugou! What's up?" you asked him nervously.

His glare intensified and you felt like you were staring at the sun. " Y/n next time we fight...I'll make sure you won't get a hit on me AT ALL YOU LITTLE SHIT!" he yelled as he whipped around without hesitation and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Wait what! There's gonna be a next time?! you thought to yourself. Your heart began to race. You were scared but also very excited to have another opportunity to prove him wrong. Maybe this time I'll get to carry him, you pondered as you chuckled and began to fall back asleep.