Chapter 94: Its My Life

"That's great, sweet heart," my mom broke the silence, a huge smile on her face.

Dean and I each looked at each other with smiles. I turned back to mom, "Thank you."

"I had a feeling about you two," Brie winked at me. I laughed.

My dad finally said something, "Dean, could you leave us alone for a second."

My stomach dropped. That wasn't good, "No, dad, whatever you have to say you can say to both of us."

Dad sighed, "Dont argue with me, Gabriella Jean Bryan."

Dad never called me by my full name. What was he so worried about?

"Dad....."

"Gabs," Dean interrupted me, "It's fine, I'll go."

'I'm sorry,' I mouthed to him.

He kissed me on the cheek before walking off. I felt so bad for him.

"That was mean," my mom told dad.

I couldn't believe she was defending me. I would have thought it would be the other way around. Dad was always on my side.

Daniel still hadn't spoken. He seemed to be deep in thought.

"What's your problem?" I asked him.

"Listen, Gabriella," my dad grabbed my hand, "I'm not going to be around forever and I want to make sure you're taken care of.."

"Taken care of?" I said in an anger tone, "I can take care of myself."

"I know," my dad muttered, "Its just that...... I've read about his past."

"How?" I asked.

"Internet."

I didn't even know he knew how to use that.

"He went to jail before from what I heard," my dad said.

"So?" I asked in outrage, "So what if he had a bad past? I had a bad past and he doesn't judge me about it."

"That's different.."

"No it's not!" I exclaimed.

"He just seems like the type thats going to break your heart. I saw what happened with Andy, I don't want...."

"Don't even mention him!" I interrupted, "Dean would never do that to me. He cares about me dad, I love him."

"Just as long as your happy," my mom said.

My dad went on as if mom hadn't even spoken, "You say that now, but you wait...."

I jumped out of my seat, "You sure seemed to like him when I first brought him here!"

"Because he was just your friend," dad shot back, "Not a guy you want to spend the rest of your life with."

"I'm happy with him, what else could you want?"

"I just don't want you to get your heart broken, I'm just trying to protect you."

I took a deep breath, "I already told you, Dean cares about me! He would never hurt me!"

"You say that now..."

I interrupted him, "You know what, I don't care what you think!"

My dads eyes widened in shock.

"I love Dean," I said, "And if you don't like it, that's fine, because at the end of the day, this is my life and we're going to do what we want."

Nobody spoke. They were all still shocked from my outburst.