Chapter 189: Thanksgiving

Thursday:

I was busily helping my mom prepare Thanksgiving dinner. So far nobody had yet arrived.

"Are you nervous?" Brie whispered to me as she was just finishing up the potatoes.

"I'm afraid to die," I told her with a small smile.

"It should be fine," Brie assured me.

Oh Brie, I hope you're right.

Someone knocked on the door and I ran over to get it, almost running into Daniel, who was cutting the turkey.

"I will hurt you!" Daniel yelled after me he swung the knife over his head.

I made it to the door and opened it.

"Hello!" My cousin Journey burst through the door, her husband Reed right next to her.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, pulling her into a hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever," Journey told me.

Journey had really long, wavy brown hair that went all the day down her back and large brown eyes. Reed had blonde hair and blue eyes.

A small head poked from behind Journeys leg, "Hi!"

"Hey, Kendra," I said to the small girl with a smile, "Come in."

I felt a little relieved that it wasn't Roxi or Charlotte at the door. I wasn't ready for that yet.

I watched the three go greet Daniel. Dean appeared behind me. I looked over at him.

"Yo," I said.

"Hi," Dean said with a smile.

Kendra ran over to me, "Hey mom, it's the crazy wrestler from TV!"

Dean's smile faded a little bit.

Journey quick walked over to us, "That's Dean, Kendra. He's Gabby's boyfriend."

Kendra tilted her head at me, "But why would you date someone crazy."

I swear, little kids don't think before they speak.

"He's not crazy," I said.

"Yes he is," Kendra shot back.

I bent down on her level, "Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret," I whispered, "Crazy guys are pretty hot."

Kendra giggled a little.

Journey gave me a small smile, "Come on, Kendra. Grandma and Grandpa are here."

I hadn't even noticed that my aunt Bridget and her husband George had arrived. Kendra gave me one more look before she went running over to hug her grandma.

I looked back over at Dean to see him looking over at me with a smirk.

"Shut up," I said with a small smile.

"Gabby, Charlotte's here!" I heard my mom call.

"Coming!" I yelled back. I winked at Dean before walking over.

"Hey, it's my second family!" I heard Charlotte yell as she was giving my mom a hug.

I walked over and saw Zach holding Gabriel in his hands. Charlotte ran over and gave me a hug when she saw me.

"Gabby, you need to stop leaving me," Charlotte said.

I felt guilty as I gave her a smile when we broke apart.

"And little Gabriel," I said, looking at the small baby boy.

It was about ten minutes when everyone had arrived except for Roxi. I kept looking nervously at the door as I tried to socialize with everyone.