Chapter 149: What They Think

Summerslam:

Offscreen:

"Where are we going?" Roman asked as he walked behind me.

"I just need to grab something from the Divas locker room," I told him when the door was in view.

"Alright, stay here," I told him before walking inside.

I went straight to my bag and put my title inside before digging inside it.

I pulled out the small black box inside and opened it, revealing the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my entire life.

Their is no way he's not going to tell Dean, I thought as I stared at it.

I took a deep breath before I shut it and stuffed it in my pocket. I got up and walked to the door.

Roman was still waiting out there, leaning his back against the wall. His eyes filled with interest when he saw me.

"Ok, why don't we go to your locker room and talk?"

Roman agreed and the two of us walked to it. All the while I kept my hand in my pocket.

"So..... I'm guessing whatever you have to show me is in your pocket?" Roman asked.

I yanked my hand out, "Yes it is."

Roman smiled, "Here we are."

The two of us walked into the locker room. We both grabbed a chair and sat down next to each other.

"So you're not going to tell Dean," I clarified.

"No, I promise I won't," Roman said.

"Ok," I pulled my hair back and sighed, "Well...... one day I was walking to your locker room to talk to you and Dean was there."

"And you ease dropped on us I take it," Roman said.

"Yeah," I said, looking into his face. He seemed to not know when I had been.

"Well, you and Dean were talking and...."

How was I even supposed to tell him?

I yanked the box out of pocket and passed it to him, "Dean had this."

Roman grabbed it from me and opened it. His eyes grew wide.

"Ro," I whispered, "Did I just ruin everything?"

Roman took the ring out, "Dean threw this away, you know."

"I know, I saw it," I muttered, "Did he give up on me?"

Roman set the two items down, "Dean thought you would be better off as part of the authority. He refused to talk to you, everytime I mentioned it he turned it down. He always said that he would wait until you talked to him."

"Why would he think I would be better off with the authority?" I asked, "Hasn't he seen what they've done to me?"

"This isn't about what they have done, this is about what they are doing," Roman said, "He wanted you to have a career where you could actually accomplish what you dreamed of. He knew you couldn't do it with him."

I shook my head, "I told him we could have made it work."

"It wouldn't have," Roman muttered, "You know that as well as I do."

"I mean, look what has happened since you left him," Roman smiled lightly, "You won the Divas Championship just now."

"That's all I ever wanted," I whispered, "That was my ultimate dream."