Chapter 161: The Huntress

"Playing hero now are we?" Ryota narrowed his eyes at Excalibur. "Who would've thought there was someone else out there like the King of Knights?"

Ryota drew his swords and grinned. "That's good. I've been dying for a rematch with that shitty sword."

Reiki flickered beneath Ryota's feet as he readied himself.

"Ryooota!" Void shivered. "Stay away from that blade..."

"Huh?" Ryota momentarily stopped and read Void's expression. "What? Are you scared of that sword now?" Ryota laughed. "Just cause it nicked you a little?"

Void felt the scar on his neck. The scar still bled red as if it had never healed. "Ryota." Void replied coolly. "Don't let yourself get cut."

"Don't get cut?" Ryota noticed Void rubbing his scar and frowned. "Does it have to do with the reason why you aren't healing?"

Void reluctantly nodded.

"Fine then..." Ryota tore off his cloak to reveal a sleeveless top as well as a dragon tattoo that formed at his wrist and crawled up his entire arm. "...lets wrap this up shall we?"

Like a white meteor, Ryota threw himself at Sarah with blinding speed. With two strikes to the side, Ryota predicted Sarah would fall to her knees, but Sarah parried both attacks to his surprise.

Sarah's counterstrike flew at Ryota like a stream light, leaving Ryota no option but to defend. Sarah's first strike cracked Ryota's swords. At the same time, the second strike shattered them as if they were made from glass.

Ryota's eyes nearly fell from their sockets at Sarah's newfound strength. "What the fuck...?" Ryota reached for his last sword but retracted his hand when he felt Sarah's foot lodge itself into his gut.

Ryota wheezed when Sarah's foot impaled him, and soon blood followed. Blood erupted from Ryota's mouth like a red geyser painting the broken ground as he skidded across it.

"H-holy shit..." Natsumi watched in awe as Sarah held her ground against her mighty foe. "So this is the strength one of the sacred weapons..." Natsumi had seen the strength of Feather once before. But the power generated by Feather wasn't quite as impressive as this.

Sarah's hand tightened around Excalibur's hilt as she gazed at her comrades. Everywhere she looked, Sarah saw death. Everywhere she looked, Sarah saw the destruction. Everywhere she looked, Sarah saw her failures.

For a moment, Sarah even stared at Natsumi. She was happy to see she was still alive, but in an undesirable state. Void's zombies had ravaged Natsumi's body. Each one left deep bites that sunk to the bone—leaving Natsumi riddled with missing patches of flesh.

"..." Sarah grit her teeth and cursed in her mind. "You know you have some nerve barging into my home like this!" Sarah growled. "Do you have any idea what you've done!"

Ryota wiped his mouth and rose to his feet. "Ain't it pretty obvious?" Ryota managed to grin through the pain. "I wiped them out." Ryota took a moment to glance around. "Although, it looks like you killed just as many of them as I did."

Sarah felt a vein in her forehead burst. "What?" Sarah's soft voice dropped to a low growl. "I didn't murder anyone."

"Yes, you did. Just look around." Ryota raised his hands and gestured outwards. "Everyone in this room is dead because of you." A sly smile curled over Ryota's lips. "You know, we aren't so different you and I."

"We both fight for our family." Ryota began pacing around the room, kicking his feet. "And we both kill without hesitation."

"That isn't true." Sarah deeply frowned. "Me and you couldn't be anymore different. I didn't kill anyone..."