Chapter 119: The Last Dream

Ren's eyes fogged at the sight of his hand. Just looking at it made his head feel like it was spinning. "Too short." he said "Far too short." frustration burned in Ren's eyes at the thought of the dream. A dream far too short to make anything out of, and a dream far too short to give him the answers that he sought.

Ren's mind billowed filling itself with memories of his past experiences. Each one reminding him of how close he was to learning the truth, yet so far from learning all of it.

Erica was always hesitant to tell him things. To tell him the truth about his Mother. To tell him that Irene Wolfe was not as majestic of a figure as Erica claimed her to be. Natsumi had always stayed quiet about anything regarding their lineage. Due to the fear she had of what was to come. Whether it be heroes, or the members of Lupus looking for her. Ren had always sensed fear in Natsumi's heart.

Ren sat up with a dissatisfied frown, burnt with anger and tinged with annoyance. He already knew there was only one person who could give him the answers he sought.

Mei.

Only Mei could tell him the truth of his past. Only Mei could tell him the people that his parents were, and only Mei could fill him in on the past of the Fujiwara. Why were they viewed as devils and how did people as powerful as them suddenly die out.

Ren's face flashed red at the thought of this. That a woman this despicable could be his saving grace. A devil that could only be viewed as an angel in a time like this. Ren took a deep breath remembering the words Mei told him.

That Erica wouldn't understand the value of the names that he held, and that one day he'd come for her seeking to learn the truth and she would tell it to him.

Both encounters with Mei left a fire in Ren's throat. Making it difficult for him to speak, or even think with the amount of pain burning within. With his life currently everything only spiraled into a storm of chaos. Leaving Ren withered and broken barely surviving the everlasting storm.

But somehow he survived. Time and time again no matter how much shit life threw at him Ren took the hits and survived. Continuing on a path with no ending in sight.

After being battered and beaten by Seth.

Stabbed and broken by Bill.

Laughed at and looked down upon by Michael.

Then abandoned and forgotten by both Erica and Natsumi.

What about this would be any different. At this point Ren already knew whatever was in store for him with Mei couldn't be any worse than what he has already endured. She couldn't break him anymore than what has already been done. He had already been broken beyond repair.

Ren looked down at his hand once more, staring at it so intently that you'd think it had burst into flames. But it hadn't, it looked the exact same as it always has. Untouched and undamaged, unlike those who had come before him.

Ren thought about Michael, and then what Michael had said about her. Her final encounter with Marionette. Ren's face sank somewhat at the thought of those two. He vaguely remembered Erica's worries about the whole Marionette situation.

How she was fearful of Marionette even though she was stronger than her. Just because Erica knew if she were to be injured or even killed it would mean the end of both Nyssa and himself.

Ren looked down his eyes reflecting the rage that he felt. A rage for himself, and for Marionette. It was because of this rage that Ren felt no fear, at least not the same conventional fear that Erica felt back then.

The fear of losing something.

Something like that had been been burned away by the flames in Ren's heart.

Chasing Dreams (Dropped)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara