Chapter 4: A Bird's Wings

"Try not to take too long getting home today I'd like to begin your training as soon as possible."

Ren's navy blue hair swayed briefly as she turned his entire body to meet eyes with his master. His lips stretched becoming a warm smile before nodding to her.

"Sure thing, what do you have planned for training today?"

Erica lowered her hand placing a cup of tea onto the table. A thin white steam came from the cup that filled the room in a refreshing scent of jasmine. She lightly licked her lips and her brown eyes dashed to the side staring at her student for a moment.

"I'd like to start building up your senses before hopping into combat. It's the same way my own master taught me when I was young."

Ren placed his hands into his pockets as his lips tightened forming an O shape with his mouth. He hummed lightly to himself creating a sound in his sense of confusion "My senses?"

"I'll explain when you get home later, as of now just try to get to school on time." Erica muttered taking another sip of her tea.

Ren then shrugged before turning around "Okay then, see you later." Before he walked out the door he looked over to the side to see Nyssa sitting on a small chair watching TV. He placed his hand on her head and ruffled her moss colored hair causing her to turn around.

"I'll make sure to play with you later when I am done training kay"

The young child smiled and nodded happily "Okay!"

Ren tilted his head and glanced back at Erica who seemed to be preoccupied with something "I'm off!"

"Have a good day."

Meanwhile in a household elsewhere, things weren't going nearly as well.

The room was filled with an odd sense of tension, that was dense enough to make anyone feel like they were stuck in cement.

A young teen sat awkwardly at a lowly cut table in a Japanese styled home. Her hair was a deep purple that was dark enough to be considered black. It was long and silky and her bangs were cut straight across, she had a pair of large dark blue eyes that resembled the deep sea.

"I'll be on my way then..." she muttered lightly.

A woman with black hair that was cut short enough to make her ears visible stared intensely at the girl. "Suzume, return home at once. You've been slacking on your training since classes began."

The teen stopped and placed her hand onto her arm as a miserable look grew on her face. "You're even beginning to lose your figure. How do you expect to become a proud warrior if you constantly shove food into your gullet."

"My apologies Mothe-"

"What!"

Suzume immediately jumped at the sound of her loud voice "I'm sorry Master!" She corrected herself. "I'll be at home as soon as I can."

"You'll be home by 2:30, if not then you'll have to make up for disobeying me as usual." The woman then stood up and walked out the room leaving Suzume to herself.

The door made a clicking sound as raven haired girl locked the door behind her before walking out towards the sidewalk. Normally her street was relatively quiet due to her home being in a older neighborhood. Most of the youth who attended Goldendale lived closer to the school along the west side of town.

But Suzume on the other hand lived on the east side. It would take her 30 minutes every day to walk to school and make it early enough to assist with the student council.

Chasing Dreams (Dropped)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara