Chapter 153: Dark Paradise

"Ah...ha, ah...ha...!"

Moans burned the darkroom like black fire. Etching its voice into the walls as painful shrieks.

"Uaah....ha....ah...!"

A black haze coated the room, lingering in the air like a deathly mist. All who inhaled it died instantly, finding their lungs burned and their skin drained of all moisture. This was the first stage of Renji Tachibana's ascension.

"I-it...hurts...!" The heat of Ren's voice danced around the room like a vibrant melody, swinging at everything and blowing everything in his vicinity to bits.

"Ah yes I'm sure it does, but this pain isn't anything new is it? You've experienced pain from the very moment you were born into this world. Born to a father who'll never be able to properly love you, and born to a mother that'd always keep your identity a secret."

Mei stood within the shadows, embracing them in the same way she always has. The shadows were a part of her just as they were a part of him, and now it was Ren's time to accept them. To receive the night and embrace all gifts it was willing to offer.

Ren's voice cracked as it fell from his open throat. His words leaked just like his open wounds filling him an unbearable pain that made him wither on the floor in agony. "....E-end it...just end it...kill me...fucking kill me..."

"Muli (again)? Do you wish to die again my love?" Mei waited silently for an answer, only getting bloody cries in response. "Renji do you want me to kill you?" Mei watched his pleading stare, a look of nightmares drowned in blood. "If you do then say it...just like you did the last 88 times."

"P-plea...uahhh!" A crippling echo tore from Ren's mouth like a river of blood. Mei circled him, her shadows dancing around her, and her eyes undressing her protege. He had already changed so much during the last month. His hair had turned jet black, becoming tainted by the influence of her shadows. His eyes no longer shined golden, and no longer possessed the tainted powers of Kuso. Instead, they glowed red, using the powers of Makita to enhance his vision.

"Ah...uahh...!" Ren's body throbbed in pain as the shadows lashed at everything around him. Mei could see his back bubbling as bones protruded from his oozing wounds. "Wings...it's working at last." A wicked smile danced on Mei's face. "If you ask of me I will kill you again my King."

Mei raised her arm calling forth her infamous weapon, Viper, to her aid. Viper was one of the four sacred weapons. It was once owned by Homura many centuries ago, but it has been in Mei's possession for the last decade.

"Living is hard isn't it Renji? We are asked to endure suffering without any preparation of how to get through it." Mei dragged Viper against the ground, creating sparks that dimly lit up the room. "However death isn't nearly as cruel as life. Through death that suffering ends, and through death you can find peace. Do you wish to find peace Renji?"

"Uahh...." The agonizing pain jolted through Ren's body like a lightning stream, making it difficult to speak. Whenever he tried to muster up the strength to form words, those words would immediately turn into ashes in his mouth. "Y-yes..." Ren groaned, his voice was throbbing as quickly as his heart. "I want to find peace...I want to end it..."

"Mei kill me."

A nightmarish smile dawned on Mei's face. Never in her life had she felt so delighted. Each time Ren asked for her to kill him always made her body rush with an orgasmic feeling. Enough to make her parts wetter than a cat stuck in the rain. "Of course!" Mei screamed, raising Viper far above her head, "I will kill you as many times as you'd like my King, cause only through death will you find salvation!"