Chapter 22: For Those Who We Love

Delicate transparent orbs floated within the sky, giving it a crystalline glow.

As the breeze came the bubbles flowed along with it like a leaf flowing down a mountain stream.

A girl with brown hair as silky as velvet stood silently as she watched several objects float towards the endless sky. Various things filled them; school materials, weapons, and eventually even students.

Her brown eyes had a calm dexterity to them, filled with curiousity but also an odd intensity similar to that of a calm storm.

"Did you do all of this on your own?"

As an instinctual reaction the girl turned focusing her attention upon a fairly attractive boy with silver hair and radiant blue eyes.

He had a strong charm to him similar to that of a sun illuminating everything in its path. His voice was smooth and calming enough to make anyone want to be whisked away in a neverending dream.

"There is no need to be afraid, power isn't something you should fear it's something that you conqueror and learn how to harness."

The brunette gave him a worried stare raising her hand to her chest before looking away in discomfort.

The male stepped forward raising his head to stare at the bubbles and the criminals that filled them. His eyes were filled with amazement and also curiosity similar to her own.

"Your bubbles they really are beautiful, when I was a child me and my sister used to play with them. Manipulating them with our blowers trying to make sure that they do not pop no matter how big they got."

He raised his hand and reached forward gently touching the bubble with his finger and sliding it from right to left.

"I've always enjoyed children's games though, despite nature they always are there to teach us valuable things as we get older."

"But due to the nature of your abilities I'm pretty sure you've come to realize the purpose that bubbles serve."

The girl listened to his monologue slowing becoming more drawn in by him. With a subtle frown she shook her head, unable to communicate the way how she felt.

"Is that so? I'll fill you in on that secret then"

He pressed his finger forward pushing the bubble towards her face watching to move towards her slowly.

"Bubbles are spherical and transparent because they represent the true neutrality in this world. They conceal themselves from everything, but also show the world that they hold no secrets. Capable of taking in the good, the bad, and everything else the world has to offer."

"In a way you could say they are the true essence of what the world should be...no the way that I want it to be..."

The bubble finally made contact with her face and it popped leaving a small splash of soap along the bridge of her nose.

The male closed his eyes and began to walk off preparing to leave the girl there, as he returned from wherever he came from.

"Wait!"

The girl began to breathe heavy unsure to do direct her words as she reached out for him.

"Who are you? Why are you spouting off these things to me!"

The boy turned with eyes filled with passion and an undying resolve, as he accepted her hand taking it into his own.