Chapter 100: Two Suns

Silence.

A bitter silence.

A silence that was so be expected when the King of Knights enters a room. Arthur's sudden arrival left Ren and the rest of his group completely awestruck. It was rare to see high ranked heroes in general, most of them being located throughout the world to ensure that larger populated areas were taken care of.

Although there were few exceptions.

Erica is seen more frequently compared to most heroes, normally taking care of threats that run wild within Vermillion City regardless of how big or small they may be. The tasks could range from someone's cat being stuck in a tree somewhere to a criminal attacking civilians. Regardless Erica would handle the issue with little to no complaints.

Sometimes Ren wondered about this. Why Erica was so adamant about handling such tasks even though they were far below what she was qualified for. But whenever Ren would ask about it he'd only get the same response.

"Helping people is what heroes are supposed to do right? For me it doesn't matter if I was born strong or not, I'd like to help as many people as I can as long as my body allows me to do it."

It was because of this mindset that made Erica so beloved by her peers and many civilians. Causing her to rise in popularity and to be viewed as the most popular hero.

Ren felt something similar with Arthur. Although not nearly as renown as heroes like Erica or Michael in the states, Ren was fully aware of Arthur's popularity in the European countries. Being recognized as an idol by most there, and being held to a high regard by most of the populist along with his group of heroic companions known as Blight.

Ren took a step back he sensed an odd pressure from Arthur. It wasn't hostile but Ren felt if he remained too close he would end up being consumed by Arthur's presence alone. With the widening distance Arthur removed his hand and gave Ren a light stare.

"Is there something wrong? I didn't think you were the shy type."

Once again Ren remained quiet, still awestruck by the abruptness of the situation. Arthur's demeanor was completely different than the heroes Ren met so far. Most of the Heroes carried some sort of presence to them, a presence that felt inhuman and more akin to a force of nature.

Mei's was calm and dark.

Sayuri's was cold and brutal.

And Even Erica's felt warm and loving.

There were many things about the top heroes that made them stand out from one another. Something that indicated that they were the pinnacle of the power you needed to reach the top. But from Arthur Ren sensed nothing. He felt a strange pressure, one that was calling to him as if trying to draw him in.

Ren continued to stare silently. The person Arthur was almost seemed untrue, he looked too simple to be a hero, and too thin to be someone who wields the mighty Excalibur. Ren lowered his head thinking about it a bit longer, trying to define the strange feeling he felt in his stomach.

Something about Arthur seemed strange, but Ren couldn't quite figure out what it was. His presence was different than most, his mannerisms were as well and Arthur didn't seem to carry himself any different than anyone else.

Ren lowered his head slowly coming to the realization for why he was so astonished.

"He's just a normal guy." Ren thought, the idea of a hero acting normal wasn't something unfamiliar to Ren. In fact it was quite common, each hero Ren had met up until this point acted very casually.

Mei treated Ren with fondness, showing him affection even if it was a bit twisted. Sayuri acted coldly towards Ren and expressed her distaste for him from the very being. And even Erica acted like a Mother to him, and treated Ren no different than she did Nyssa. With Love and affection.