Chapter 143: The King of Beast

Two black figures crash against one another.

One is Zhu Li, flashing across the sky at breakneck speeds, striking her enemy with branches of lightning. She looked fierce with the yellow aura surrounding her, causing her hair spike in every direction possible. As she flew through the air jumping across the lightning strikes, she resembled a comet coming down towards the Earth.

However a comet was nothing compared to a fierce dragon. Zhu Li found difficulty in breaking through Itsuki's guard. He was lean and agile dodging the bolts of lightning with strange mutations of his body. Either by coiling around the bolt like a snake, or bending his back in positions not even thought to be possible.

"He's strong, stronger than ever..." Zhu Li thought, back during the days of the temple and even when Itsuki was a member of Lupus she had always been stronger than him. However, now that gap had been easily closed. With a thrashing of his hand Itsuki punched Zhu Li causing her head to thwack. Just seeing how hard Zhu Li's head snapped back was enough to make Ruriko cringe as she watched from afar. "If he had hit her any harder he would've broken her neck..."

Ruriko floated back, she had already been watching the two fight for a few minutes now and didn't intend on watching any longer. She had to escape, she had to return to Vermillion City and warn Michael for what's to come and possibly take ownership of Nyssa and Ren since no one else would be able to do so.

As Ruriko raised herself towards the heavens she watched Itsuki with distant eyes. Remembering the times they shared together with Erica, it was strange to see him back especially after what Erica had done to him. But a part of her was somewhat relieved...

Itsuki who was still fighting from far shared a look with Ruriko lasting for a fraction of a second. His eyes said nothing, they were snake-like and cold just like they were in the past. Filled with nothing but an unresolved anger.

Ruriko watched with heavy eyes, eyes so heavy they looked as if they'd produce a great flood. "Thank you Itsuki..." Itsuki said nothing just turned his head, while Ruriko quickly vanished into the clouds.

Thrusting her body forward like a shooting star Zhu Li kicked Itsuki. Itsuki effortlessly blocked and glared at her, his hot red eyes burning into her soul. "His skin is as hard as iron..." Zhu Li stared down noticing his scales and reiki weren't even active, this was just his base strength.

The difference in their power was almost night and day. The attacks Zhu Li had landed did nothing to Itsuki not even staggering him. While the attacks Itsuki had landed left Zhu Li wounded and panting. No matter how quickly Zhu Li moves, her speed eventually decreases the more she attacks. Her body was already straining itself to contain the amount of lightning she had absorbed, and the fatigue was only growing the longer the two clashed in the sky.

"You've gotten slow Zhu Li, has your age finally gotten to you?" Itsuki mocked seeing that the tides of the battle was in his favor "Sissy would be disappointed if her rival had only amounted to this."

"My age..." Zhu Li held her breath "I'm not even that old..." she growled. She was only 48 years old, still within her prime although the near the tail end of it. Compared to her associates Zhu Li was still in her ripe fighting years. Being younger than Berk, and Alexander. Alexander especially who was long past his prime back when he was still known as the most powerful man in the world.

Zhu Li on the other hand only had gotten stronger since the days of Irene. Mainly since she had no choice, if she remained as weak as she was back then, then Natsumi would've died hundreds of times over from the people she had to face. Many times since Natsumi had first joined Lupus, Zhu Li had to step in and conclude her battles for her. Natsumi had a knack for picking fights with people stronger than her.