Chapter 184: The Executioner

August 18, 2013

Two weeks have passed since Renji Fujiwara, and his allies revolted against the Hero Association.

With the reveal of Ren's connection to Irene coming to the surface, the world's balance has now been permanently shifted. Forming a breach within the Hero Association far too large to heal.

Erica's public uprising also stirred the minds of many heroes. Many of them went as far as to give their opinions on the matter and disagreed with Erica's imprisonment. Nearly two thousand of the world's heroes came out publicly as sympathizers for both Erica and Irene.

Many of them criticized Michael and the Hero Association for imprisoning Erica without a fair trial and left the organization permanently being branded as traitors.

The heroes who left the Hero Association culminated together in the shape of a new group now known as the Neo-Heroes.

***

Michael closed his eyes and softened his frown. It was becoming more difficult to smile as the days went on. At every corner, rebellions existed, and at every corner, someone was out to take his head.

The Lupus forces were growing day by day as Alexander and Hippolyta gained more territory around Europe.

Then the Neo-Heroes gained more support as the weeks went by, with more heroes leaving the Hero Association to join the opposing side.

Among the two groups that directly opposed him. Michael paid them no attention, considering them hardly worth his time. With the Hero Association's combined effort and their branches, Lupus and the Neo-Heroes would be crushed beneath their might.

But, one group remained constant in Michael's mind like an itch you're unable to reach.

Renji Tachibana and his gang of traitors. Michael thought about Ren everyday thinking over and over again about Irene's prophecy.

If Irene's premonition was correct, the structure of the world would fall near the end of Summer. However, Ren had yet to make his first move, and the fall equinox was nearly a month away.

What is he planning? Michael tapped his fingers.

He wasn't sure if Ren was planning something genius or if he was a naive idiot.

Michael wanted to believe he was giving Ren too much credit. Still, it was difficult to deny the warnings thrown his way. Ren was the first person in over a decade capable of piercing Michael's Reiki-Skin.

Without achieving a certain level of Reiki-output damaging Michael was next to impossible.

Yet, like Irene. Ren left behind a scar that would never heal. Michael's skin was charred and burned from his ribs to his hips, leaving him in constant agony.

Michael tried to remedy his wounds by using a divine light. Typically his angelic rays could heal injuries as well as Ren's Phoenix-Flames. But the but lasting effects of Ren's Phoenix Riot produced more damage than Michael anticipated.

Michael opened his eyes, allowing his sight to glimmer down like burning red jewels. He touched his side carefully and delicately, wincing somewhat as his finger grazed his skin.

"That punch..." Michael envisioned the blue fist. "It's just like Irene's Azure Flash..."

Irene's Azure Flash was considered the world's strongest sword swing. Its strength rivaled Excalibur, and its power was capable of destroying the body and soul. Due to the strength of the previous wielders, Feather stored the flames of the Wolfe Bloodline's past members and infused it into its strikes.