Chapter 19: Shield

"The true strength of a barrier?"

Olivia's magenta tinted eyebrows furrowed, as she repeated what Dustin had said only moments before.

Her voice altered in pitch, becoming a bit higher and even a bit witch like. Her body arched forward as her hands quickly bounced at her sides.

A light giggled escaped from her lush full lips, as it escaped it grew in volume quickly becoming a crackle.

She held her stomach entertained by Dustin's words "Really? You come here doused in so much confidence just to show off a barrier."

The the girl continued to laugh to the point where tears welled up in her eyes "What strength can a barrier even hold if it isn't even capable of attacking."

Dustin's lip shifted as an enchanting grin grew on his face "Allow me to show you what I mean"

The crimson haired teen raised his hand placing it forward. His palm flattened, and his fingers fully extended outwards. The condensed energy formed by the barrier sparked emitting a subtle electricity that ran around it.

As the poison fog slowly faded the barrier grew in size expanding about 5 meters within a few seconds.

Dustin bit down on his lip harshly beginning to draw blood as he hid the grunt that remained trapped inside of his closed mouth. The barrier suddenly grew in size and gradually expanded for several meters and didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

Olivia watched the barrier grow completely unnerved by it, his raised her arms as an odd purple gel like substances coated her palms "Amphibian slime"

With quick flicks of her wrist the slime flew off her palms at the barrier at rapid speeds only to be deflected against it.

"What is he trying to do?"

Suzume looked over at Ren with a somewhat dull expression, seemingly disappointing by his lack of knowledge.

"Isn't it obvious, look at the size of the barrier in comparison to the area of the stage. If you look how fast the barrier itself is expanding it should be able to cover the entire stage within the next minute or so." She thoroughly explained.

"Wait so that means..."

Suzume then nodded as a proud smile grew on her face "Dustin isn't like you or me, where he can simply try to overpower our opponent's by brute strength. His ability is more centered around support." She then lifted up her finger and pressed it against her forehead.

"Mid way through our training he realized that, instead of building up his muscles why not focus on what his strong suit is which is his mind."

"So instead of figuring out a way to defeat her, why not simply push her out the ring."

Dustin's eyes weakened as the barrier grew in size, trails of sweat decorated his face as he exerted more energy.

Olivia noticing that the barrier was growing closer to her ran around the circumference of it throwing her gloves of poison at all directions "You little shit you really think I'd be defeated so easily!"

"I'll tell you I am the daughter of a famous doctor it would be shameful towards the Hughes name to be defeated in such a mediocre way!"