Chapter 35: Names

Eerie whispers trotted through the night, accompanied with light crackle that set the area aglow.

Each crackle brought a faint light that would dwindle and strengthen with each breath. Forming a symphony of warm colors.

Shades of red grew as the flames overtook the frame of the building, melting it down and leaving nothing more than a scarlet sludge. As the melted iron poured the ground beneath it quickly came ablaze forging a wall of fire that slowly stretched throughout the compound.

Dim crimson eyes stared deeply into the flames making out a slim figure that steadily approached.

With each step came a crackle, an eerie sound that resembled a bundle of sticks splitting apart.

THUMP

As the crackles grew louder the sea of flames continued to dance emitting a thick heat that singed the edges of Mei's velvet like hair.

THUMP

The woman raised her hand stationing it above her eyebrows to protect her eyes from the illuminating light.

THUMP

The flames crackled even louder than before as they roared to the heavens before finally taking a shape.

As Mei's fiery eyes narrowed a dark silhouette became apparent within the flames. It had a humanoid shape but it wasn't close enough to determine if it belonged to a man or a woman.

Mei's eyes softened as frequent breaths escaped from her mouth. An uncomfortable moisture drenched her skin sticking to anything that came close to it.

Her attention once more focused upon the figure that only drew closer. Mei's eyes stared at the figure filled with curiosity and familiarity.

"This heat..."

"It has to be..."

A variety of thoughts ran through her skull as she watched the figure draw near.

The figure had an odd shape due to it being completely immersed in blood red flames. It took a more slender appearance with an hourglass figure, with wide hips and a narrow waist.

Miniature follicles as bright as the sun bonded together to form a blazing mane.

A thin grin doubled in size as a fat smile overtook the woman's face. Rivers of fire shot past her going between her legs and releasing enough heat to turn stone to ash.

With a single sway of her hands Mei causally pushes the flames away. Resisting their power from her sheer will alone.

She continued to watch with an eager expression nearly jumping from her skin in excitement.

As the feminine figure slowly approached the ground beneath its feet began to transform into a orange and yellow sludge that sunk deep into the earth.

As the ground slowly became scarred of footsteps of molten rock Mei's voice quickly ran through the warm air.

"That form..."

Mei's lips quivered hardly being able to contain the emotions that they felt. Unable to resist the urge any longer a soft pink tongue etched out her mouth and moisten her lips. She let out a soft sound from the moisture of her mouth as she spoke in playful voice.

"Renji Tachibana..."

"An interesting name indeed..."

Mei's fingers weakened its grip around her weapon allowing her to quickly twirl it allowing her to rotate it in a circular motion.