Chapter 25: Paths

The arena grew silent remaining in a state of shock from the new technique Ren managed to get off.

Both Dustin and Natsumi's eyes grew large as they watched Seth get forced back.

Mei and Suzume on the other hand both narrowed their eyes watching with a sense of familiarity.

Seth's body fell back bouncing against the ground with his mouth widened. He raised his hand sliding it up to his chest breathed heavily sucking up as much air as he could.

"There is no way this piss-ant managed to get a clean hit on me..."

His breathing continued becoming more ragged the more he thought about Ren. Brief visions passed through his mind ones of his mother, his sister and even the promise he made to Marie.

His hand gradually slid up covering his own face as he squeezed it tightly. He felt his warm breath against cold hands, and he could his heart beat becoming slower.

"Nothing has changed since back then..."

His mind grew more distant becoming increasingly more lost within his thoughts. He envisioned his mother being assaulted and shot before him.

The desperation in her voice, and the smell of smoke coming off the barrel all felt real to him. As if he was reliving that eventful moment within his life.

His hand slammed down instantly shattering the piece of tile that was beneath it. As he got up his eyes narrowed focusing on Ren who gaze upon him with eyes filled with sympathy.

"Why the hell are you looking at me like that..."

"Don't you dare look down upon me!"

Seth's gaze darkened as his wrathful thoughts coursed through his mind like a plague. He clenched his jaw and gritted his teeth so hard that it seemed like they would crack under the pressure.

"I won't let you mock me...what kind of fool do you take me for!" He growled.

"I am the one..."

"The only one who possesses the power to change the world..."

"I am the one who is meant to stand on top..."

Seth finally got back on his feet and tightened his fingers around his shirt tearing if from his body. With his bare chest exposed he was finally able to reveal his rather surprising physique.

Despite his initial appearance Seth was quite large. He had a well defined six pack, expanded biceps and a toned exterior. With his shirt on he looked around the same size as Ren, but without it his muscles were easily twice or three times the size as his.

"This guy is massive...how the hell did he manage to hide that under his school uniform..." Dustin muttered.

Suzume watched her eyes shining gold from her Kūsō "It seems like he's using a simple martial arts technique. By altering your breathing and training hard for a long period of time one can learn how to change their muscle mass at will."

"Though it won't mean much in the end."

Dustin raised a brow "What do you mean? Didn't he just get some weird power up?"

"Bulking yourself up doesn't really mean much if you aren't fast enough to catch your opponent."

"Besides if you take a good look at him it looks like Ren's attack did more damage than what he initially thought." Natsumi pointed out.

Dustin looked back at Seth to see blood streaming from the sides of his mouth. Despite this however he carried a pissed off glare that made him shriek a bit.