Chapter 18: Growth

"Seriously we haven't moved from this spot for the past 15 minutes!"

"Hey what's going on up there!"

"Yeah what gives I want to see the Mayor's son fight!"

A mob of people shouted angrily and gradually gathered together like a pack of wolves. The noises that came from their feral mouths mixed together to form an unpleasant melody.

The gates of the school were flooded with crowds of people trying to attend this national event. Goldendale Academy was considered a school for the rich and the gifted, so it was expected that people would be eager to see what they had to offer this year.

"Sorry Ma'am but we can't change our policies for you. You need to put that out or we won't let you in."

"Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how long it took me to save enough money to fly out here!"

A loud and obnoxious feminine voice echoed from the front of the line causing several people to scoot backwards.

"Like I said before, this school is a smoke free zone we can't-"

"I heard you the first time geez" the raven haired woman removed the freshly lit cigarette from between her lush pink lips and sighed. "What does a girl have to do to get a good smoke these days."

She pressed the burning tip on the ticket attendants forehead causing him to scream in pain and collapse onto the ground.

"Huh what the hell is wrong with you you can't just do that!" Another attendant shouted after witnessing what was going on.

The woman let go of the lit item and shifted her body to visually see the man yelling at her.

Her entire face softened becoming similar to that of an innocent child. Her large blue eyes shined like diamonds against the morning sun "Oh I'm so sorry mister please forgive me. I just got so worked up after hearing I wouldn't be able to see my younger brother participate."

The eyes of several individuals shifted towards, the kindly spoken woman and examined her body. She wore a short sleeve sky blue shirt accompanied with a pair of dark colored pants. She had an innocent look to her, but that didn't seem to conceal the fact she had an overly large bust.

"SO CUTE!"

The voices of several men merged together, as hearts took shape in all of their eyes. Each man fell victim to her overwhelming beauty and stared at her with faces seeping with passion.

"It's no problem Ma'am we all know what it's like to have a bad day. Go ahead and make your way towards the arena, it's down the hall towards the left!"

The woman turned her head away and made a snake like smile "They totally fell for it!"

"Excuse me miss, you said you were watching your brother participate who exactly is he?"

The young adult gave them a smile emanating with pride "His name is Renji Tachibana of course! I hope you guys will be cheering him on just as loud as I!"

She then quickly turned and made her way inside, only to be taken aback by the swarms of people occupying the halls.

"Geez I knew people would be attending this match but I didn't realize it would be this many" Natsumi's eyes swayed back and forth as if she were looking for something.

"I could have sworn Ms. Hale told me to meet her near the D entrance..." Natsumi stared upwards to see the massive sign that read "H Entrance"

Her eyes burst open and nearly bulged from her small skull "HUH?! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME I  COULD HAVE SWORN THIS WAS THE RIGHT PATH!"