Chapter 40: Dreams

"Hold it steady..." a soft voice tickled the back of a premature ear causing a light chill to travel down the base of the neck.

Followed by this voice was a subtle touch, the skin was soft as it pressed against his own. Cold in nature but warm in spirit, the touch grew stronger as the unknown individual gradually pressed down causing it to transform into a slow guide.

The boy felt his arms become more steady, being held in place by a a brace made of flesh. As he aimed more carefully he once again felt the same warm breath tickle the back of his earlobe only to be followed by the same voice.

"I believe in you, just aim and release"

With a quick movement the boy's fingers released their grip at the hairs of the arrow, allowing it to rip through the air and fly past the intended target slamming into a wall of wood instead.

The boy's eyes dwindled easily becoming increasingly unmotivated due to his constant trials and errors.

But once again he felt the comfort of a feminine voice, the woman pressed her hands upon his shoulders instantly shrouding him in a veil of comfort.

She lowered her head so that her face could become visible to him as a warm smile overtook her lips.

"It's okay we will try again tomorrow."

The woman had a very fragrant appearance, her hair was gold in color falling down the base of her neck and curling at her shoulders. She wore her bangs parted in the center with a single long bang that would fall directly in the middle, a trait that her child seemingly inherited. Her eyes were large and blue having a variety of shades that would encompass them, allowing the round orbs hold a similarity to the ocean itself.

The boy simply smiled as he stared at her, completely drawn in by her positivity. However this feeling only lasted momentarily as a faint noise quickly approached. The sound of it was thin but cut through the air like a box cutter. As the sound grew louder the boy's ears began to twitch only for him to see a slim object come forth and graze his skin.

Without much time the object slammed into target hitting it spot on.

"Huh?" The child immediately broke free from his Mother's embrace only to lock eyes with a shorter individual who stood on top of a rock with a bow drawn, and several more arrows in its quiver.

The person took the shape of a young girl, she didn't seem much older than he was. Her hair was similar to his Mother's long and silk like and would curl along the ends. Although unlike his mother this girl's hair was more similar in color to his own.

A deep silver.

The boy furrowed his brows becoming easily agitated by the presence of the young girl, who held a smile practically basked in confidence.

As he pulled further away from his mother he let out a vicious shout "What the heck Sarah you almost hit me!"

The young girl shrugged allowing her brown eyes to gleam lightly as she held an expression that didn't seem apologetic in the slightest.

"Oh my bad I was trying to show mom how much I've improved!"

"No you weren't you are trying to show off like always!" The boy retorted. 

The young girl leaned forward allowing herself to slide down the side of the rock, and regain her footing along the grassy plains in which they stood.

She held her hand to her chin as a slightly arrogant smirk rested upon her face "It's not my fault I've barely gotten to see mom because you hog her so much."

Seth's cheeks grew red as a veil of embarrassment overtook him. Without even giving himself to think he swatted his hand to the side and began to yell "That's not true!"