Chapter 57: Lupus

Lupus Saga: Part 1

CLICK

"Hah..."

A multitude of lights flashed in succession.

CLICK

"Hah..."

The flashes continued, only to duplicate themselves and create an inescapable zone.

CLICK

As the sound of clicking repeated itself for the thousandth time, a feeling of desperation awakened within Erica's heart.

Erica could feel her body growing hot, and she regressed to shallow but fast breaths.

In every direction Erica looked intense lights filled her eyes, and cluttered voices mixed in her ears.

"Ms. Hale!"

"Dragon!"

"Erica!"

CLICK

Once again the sounds of a group of cameras clicking rattled in her mind, only to be followed up by another blinding light.

"I-I'm sorry please let me through!" Erica finally shouted, as she forced herself through the waves of people.

"Dragon what is your take on the untimely death of Shiver?"

Erica's mouth slightly opened at the reporter's question, but was unable to give a proper answer.

"I..Um..."

Before she could even finish her thought, another reporter threw themselves in her path and shoved a microphone into her face.

"Erica is it true you have a connection to the monster that attacked our city?"

Erica's face began to grow pale as once again she found herself unable to answer.

She gently touched the microphone with her hand shifting it away from her mouth, only to step forward and continue her path towards the Hero Association HQ.

"Dragon is it true you were in a relationship with Hydra!"

Her eyes narrowed, but she continued walking.

"Ms. Hale, is it true you had a connection to the Mad Tyrant Irene?" Another reporter shouted.

Each question seemed to get progressively worse than the last, causing Erica's body to slow.

"Erica, what are you going to do about Marionette?"

With the final question Erica finally stopped, she felt an odd chill run through her. It was a feeling she hadn't felt in awhile, uncertainty and a complete lose for words.

Her mouth stiffened as her hand slowly balled into a fist.

The sounds of clicking, and the muttering of people continued to ring in her ears non stop bringing a wave of irritation to her already anxious mind.

"I don't know!" She finally shouted, seemingly venting all the emotions she had built within such a short period of time.

For a moment the crowd went silent, seemingly at a lost of words for Erica's vague yet very simple answer.

But when she decided to move once more the voices of the public followed.

By the time Erica reached the doors of the HQ her body felt heavy, as if she had been run through with a thousand blades. Erica's expression softened as she could feel a wallop of emotions beginning to sink in.

Chasing Dreams (Dropped)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara