Chapter 55: Birds That Flock Together

WHOOSH

Nadine didn't waste a single moment after uttering her previous phrase, commanding her spirit to begin its assault.

The first attack was a quick one, a downwards strike followed up by a bashing of its shield.

Ren dodged the first attack by launching himself forward, causing a desk to take the damage in his stead.

Regardless the Spirit's assault didn't let up, it lunges forward once more performing its second blow a blunt attack from its shield.

Ren's eyes narrowed as a golden light was born within them, his Kūsō an ability he hadn't used in some time.

The energy he felt Rush into his face was a familiar one. Holding a similar sensation to the aura he had produced only momentarily during the lecture.

Even though his body was not made of flesh and blood the cognitive abilities of Kūsō still worked well.

The slashes made, and the quick burst of speed all were perceived by Ren's eyes fairly well.

From his point of view the spirit seemed to be moving in slow motion, creating a slew of potential movements that he had to simply adjust to.

And so he did.

The second strike of the shield bounced against the ground as Ren purposely tumbled.

The third slash created by the sword easily broke a desk in two, creating a gust that would fill the room.

Ren continued to dodge these attacks by rolling in every direction possible not allowing him to land a single hit.

"He's pretty resilient..."

"At this rate I'm not sure how long my body is going to hold up..."

Ren's thoughts ran through his mind like a stream of water.

Although caught up in the heat of battle, he couldn't help but be reminded of the constant amount of pain he was in.

Even though they were an efficient dodging method, each roll felt like someone was dropping bricks onto his wounds.

"I need to buy some time..."

Ren's mouth twitched once he hopped onto his feet, he shot Nadine a sharp glare before shouting at her filled with irritation.

"I swear to god! Why is it that every person who attends this school is a complete psychopath!"

Nadine's brows furrowed as a pleased smile appeared on her face.

But as each second passed it seemed to get progressively more sinister.

"Jean! Draw out his aura!"

"Jean?" Ren questioned, it only took him a few seconds to realize that Nadine was referring to the spirit.

Nonetheless Ren propelled himself forward, releasing a burst of flames from the bottom of his feet to increase his speed.

It was a maneuver that he did often, but a pretty effective one to say the least.

"As if I'd let you escape."

Nadine's voice had a chilling tone to it, completely abandoning the bubbly persona she once had.

"Aura Zone!"

Chasing Dreams (Dropped)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें